Late introduction from the Mojave

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
SVandal

Late introduction from the Mojave

Post by SVandal »

I've been here for a few months and figured I should introduce myself. I have been riding for about 10 of the last 15 years. When I started I had an old honda xl125 that I rode for about 4 years then I took a break for a few years and fixed up an xr200, moved to an xr500, took another break, picked up my 94 kdx200, and am in the process of making a 2003 Hondasaki.

I am not a racer and don't jump much at all, I just wanted a lighter, better handling bike for the trails in the woods and desert near where I live. That and I enjoy most aspects of a project like this. Other than that, just waiting for my kids to grow up enough to where they will be able to ride and keep up with me.

Anyways, I figured that this was overdue. Thanks to those who have helped me out so far with my hybrid and to those who put this site up. It is a great place to go for ideas and help.
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Welcome, I spent some time at Ft. Irwin, what a place.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Hondasaki? :blink:
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Kawada.... :roll: :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
SVandal

Post by SVandal »

>|QBB<[/url]
KDX Butterfly wrote:Hondasaki? :blink:
Hondasaki - (n) The result of a marriage between a Honda MX'er and a Kawasaki KDX. Typically involves the CR125 chassis and the KDX200 motor and never the other way around. (See image below)

firffighter
Supporting Member

Post by firffighter »

Nice ride, how does she perform?
'
SVandal

Post by SVandal »

I'll let you know after I get the tires dirty. Still have to extend a few wires and finish the last section of the exhaust to line it up with the muffler. It is almost there. :grin: Then I'll see what a KDX does with modern suspension and 40lbs of weight loss. It is geared down a little bit, so that will effect it as well.
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Interesting ... VERY interesting ... :neutral:
SVandal

Post by SVandal »

>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote:Interesting ... VERY interesting ... :neutral:
Yes, but it has been done before so in theory it can be done again. The middle of the pipe has been lengthened so also in theory it should improve my bottom end (well technically my bikes bottom end) :grin:.
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

:lol:

At this point, pretty much everything regarding riding motorcycles (expecially woods motorcycles) is interesting to me.

But THAT was VERY interesting.
SVandal

Post by SVandal »

>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote::lol:

At this point, pretty much everything regarding riding motorcycles (expecially woods motorcycles) is interesting to me.

But THAT was VERY interesting.
Ok, here is the finished product. It handles quite well in the whoops and smaller jumps. The suspension is an amazing difference, I actually had to think about preloading rather than taking it for granted that the stock springs would try to bottom going up the face of a small jump :grin:. When I get a chance to take it out for a longer ride, do some climbs, faster sections, and goat trails I will let you know. Right now I need to get it inspected by a CHP officer so I can get my sticker so I can legally go riding.