Mack from Md...glad to be riding again!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
John McIntosh

Mack from Md...glad to be riding again!

Post by John McIntosh »

My name is make and I bought a bike for my 8 year old for Christmas and saw how much fun he was having and decided I had to have one! I bought a 2003 KDX 220 about a month ago and I've never had so much fun! I stopped riding bikes when I was in my early 20's (No time or money). My last bike was a CR125. I know it was a long time ago (late 80's) but, my 125 was not nearly the bike my KDX is. I love the smooth powerband, forgiving suspension, and the way it does not load up when I wait for my son. I'm 39. I do enjoy riding with my son but would like to find a some older guys to ride with. It would be great if they had a son learning to ride. I have some great place to ride in northern PA but would like to find some more places near my home in Bel Air, MD.

Great site! I hope to add some photos in a few weeks.
Mack :prayer:
Mack (Bel Air, Maryland)
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hi Mac!
Welcome to the site... bunch of great guys in here that can help you get to know your KDX as much as you want too. I think it's great that you are getting your son into bikes, it good clean (dirty) fun! :razz:

Indawoods :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome to the site John - Pull up a chair and do some reading, lots of great info here.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Welcome like already said, make yourself at home and be sure to get a manual and suplement for the 220 if you haven't already (sorry Jas, I beat ya :lol: ) There are a bunch of terrific guys here who are very friendly, helpful and willing to help out in any way they can. This is the only thing that comes close to riding for me at the moment and its keeping me sane. Glad you found us here. Have fun and be safe....... Cheers Trev

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the group. To say it is a relaxed atmosphere is an understatement. There are many friendly, helpful people here. Don't hesitate to ask any questions, as we can all learn more about our bikes.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Mack,
Read some of the other "friends of site" threads. There's other dads with sons who have a similar story. Hope you hook up with one of them! My boys are all grown now but when they come home, I always have a new dirtbike trick to show them. My latest was the auto-clutch I added to my KDX220. That one has both of them wanting to get back into the dirt bike scene. (Did I mention their wife/girlfriend are not too fond of me?)
Anyways, WELCOME!!!!!! (Smart move; going for the 220. Pay no attention to the 200 owners and their jelous envy and regret for not picking a 220 over the 200.) Ha! :lol:

:supz:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome! I used to live in Frederick, MD. Man, if you'd have found this site first I could've gotten you a steal on a decked out '00 220 in the area. Oh well, welcome to this site and enjoy your bike!!!!

Not too much trail riding in MD. Lots in PA, and then there's always Hatsfield McCoy in WVA....Need to join the Southern MD Dirt Riders club. They get together and go some places closer(private land), and also ride the trails at Budd's Creek fairly regularly...The Crik is a blast, but it can get this quicksand-like silt that is hell on bearings. Well worth the maintenance afterwards though...

http://smdr.org/default.aspx

http://www.enduro.4t.com/riding.htm
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
John McIntosh

Post by John McIntosh »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Looks like I have some reading to do. My bike had its first casualty. It fell over while I was washing it and the front headlight plate and plastic bracket were broken. I took it off and apoxied it together. It looks ok but I would like to replace it. Anyone have a used one that would work? I think it has to be from a 2000 or newer?
Mack
Mack (Bel Air, Maryland)
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

95 and newer would work as would a 89-94 with some tweaking.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E