Hello from San Jose, CA

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
knobby_berry

Hello from San Jose, CA

Post by knobby_berry »

Greetings.

Just made my first post in the Q&A section, so thought it appropriate to post an intro here.

I bought a bone stock 1984 KDX200A2 last week (that makes 7 motorcycles). I've been riding since age 12 (age 45 now). Never competitively; I just love to ride (and, it seems, collect bargain motorcycles). I got a 1980 GT80 for the kids (2 boys, age 9 and 10) to learn on a few months ago and decided I needed something small and quiet to ride alongside them, thus the KDX200. The kid's aren't "head over heels" about riding like I was as a kid, so I'm taking my time and letting them putt around at their own pace. We have a big backyard so we can ride the quiet bikes there instead of having to haul for miles and miles. We'll see how long they're entertained in the backyard!

The other bikes:

1997 CBR1100XX (Blackbird; goes faster than I'll ever need!)
1993 XR650L (Big White Pig; does it all, but not too fast; a tractor)
1980 YZ100G (I've only ridden it a couple of times, wheel repair pending)
1984 Husqvarna 500AE (Automatic, my "rare" bike)
1984 XL350R (doesn't see much use since I got the 650, sigh)

As you can see, I'm very partial to air-cooled 2-strokes. Simple, and more than fast enough for me. Craigslist makes it so easy to feed my addiction, I have to be careful!

Cheers, Cagey
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Welcome!!

I too had a KDX200, 1984 vintage. They are very strong considering the technology available at the time. I always enjoyed riding it. I did find it finicky for jetting; had a hit like a sledge hammer; one minute I was cruising along, then BAM!! Like someone kicked in an after burner!! Front wheel over my shoulders and HANG ON TIGHT!!

I also had a GT80 and put a yamaguchi kit on it. I don't recall the year though but it was gray.

Welcome and enjoy reading and posting!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
rick albert

Post by rick albert »

hello from york, pa........good to see somebody still rides air cooled !!!! :partyman: cheers back to ya !!!!
JUST RIDE !!!