Colorado Springs checking in...

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
JeffKDX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Colorado Springs checking in...

Post by JeffKDX »

Long time KDX200 guy just getting back in to it. In the past I've had a few - A 1986 KDX200, and 1987 KDX200 and a 1989 KDX200 water-bubbler. After a long hiatis, I've gotten back in to it. I picked up a YZ250F for myself, a 1994 KDX200 for my 13 year old son, and a PW-50 for my 4 year old. I can't stay off my kids bikes, and I'm "the wrench", AND the banker, so...it's my choice. :-)

Anyway - the 94 I picked up (for a song) needed some TLC *bad*, so I pretty went through it with a fine-toothed comb. There were some bright sides though - original plastic, original seat cover, the LIGHTS WORK, and it has original graphics in decent shape. The only thing I'm missing is the tool bag, which some guys hate, and some love. I'm of the later-set. My YZ doesn't have one. Hahaha. Anyone have a tool bag they want to sell?

The KDX came with a FMF fatty/stock sparky combo. I added boyesen reeds, jetted the carb, ditched the OEM filter for a TA, and just generally cleaned the dog-snot out of the bike. I'm also replacing the chain/sprockets, because they could be originals (trashed). I took a 1/2" drill to the air box, as I have ALL my KDX's. :-)

I intend to add an FMF turbine core sparky to round out the exhaust and will have the frame powder coated over the winter. Delighted to be here, and anxious to continue to learn about the most well rounded trail bike EVER.
Jeff Cooper
2005 YZ250F
1994 KDX200
2005 PW50
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Welcome! You will learn just about all you need to know here.

Just learned to ride a motorcycle last spring. A TTR 125. The ol' man picked up a kdx 200 for me and I look forward to tryin' her (him?) out over Memorial Day weekend (I hope!) I learn a lot here....especially about SARCASM :lol: ....but, where else would I go???!!!!

Happy Trails.

(P.S. - I graduated from Durango High School YEARS ago.) Damn! I miss Colorado!!!
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
JeffKDX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JeffKDX »

Thanks for the welcome - as I'd mentioned, I bought this KDX for my 13 year old son - his first bike. I've had a bunch in the past, and just think they are the "schniznit". Even though I have a YZ250F, I can't stay OFF of my sons bike!!

Durango is a cruise from here, but I've been - I like to ride the railroad, and I bet there are some KILLER trails there!
Jeff

>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote:Welcome! You will learn just about all you need to know here.

Just learned to ride a motorcycle last spring. A TTR 125. The ol' man picked up a kdx 200 for me and I look forward to tryin' her (him?) out over Memorial Day weekend (I hope!) I learn a lot here....especially about SARCASM :lol: ....but, where else would I go???!!!!

Happy Trails.

(P.S. - I graduated from Durango High School YEARS ago.) Damn! I miss Colorado!!!
Jeff Cooper
2005 YZ250F
1994 KDX200
2005 PW50