Another Idahoen to the forum

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Another Idahoen to the forum

Post by IdahoCharley »

Well lets see. I'm 53 a grandpa twice over, have four boys all which have been introduced to the sport of dirt biking. I fell in love with motorcycles in 1962 and have owned them since 1967. I'm a DIY type of guy and really don't know if I enjoy wrenching or riding more. LOL.

I always find it enjoyable to associate with people in this sport who try to improve upon a bike and experiment, test, etc. I'm also one of those that are Happy but not totally satisfied - I know it can be better, etc, tinker, tinker, tinker, (my wife just does not understand)

I've enjoyed both the street and dirt bike aspects of this sport although I find myself more drawn to the dirt bike aspect the last ten years or so: Seems like the cages out there want to run over me while their drivers talk on cell phones.

Just found out about this site a couple of days ago - recognize a few names.

I've thought the KDX was an excellent trail machine since they were air cooled and competed against the IT 175/200/400s which I rode at one time. I bought a KDX 200 for my 14 year old boy thinking it would be a great step up from his TTR 125 L and something that would remain in the family at the yet-to-be-built retirement cabin in Montana.

I look forward to learning and sharing information with the members on this site!! :partyman:
Last edited by IdahoCharley on 10:41 pm Mar 22 2005, edited 1 time in total.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hey Charley... glad to see ya found us.
A lot of our stories are a lot like yours. I too grew up riding dirt bike from age 5, When I was 17 I moved out on my own and couldn't afford a bike for quite a few years and then when I could... it was street bikes. Rode em for years... after a few near misses and watched a few friends die.... I decided to go back to dirt bikes and haven't look back.
Theres a lot more challenge and focus involved and I am into mind development anymore and dirt bike riding keeps my mind sharp (at least I think!)
To me...ther is no better sport on the planet!

Welcome,
Indawoods :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Is sex a sport ?? :razz: OK I'm sorry dirtbiking wins :oops:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

I will say welcome Charley, even though I am the newbie. I recognize your name from that other site.
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Nice to meet you Charley! Don't forget to read up on the rest of us from our introduction posts. That way you can find out some background on us as well.

Where in Idaho? I'm going to be looking to retire in the next few years and Idaho has always been at the front of the list of places that I like. I visit there once a year. This year it will be late July to the southern part, from Bosie to Salmon Falls. I've got to have skiing close by though. I like the panhandle but the prices up there are getting high.
Maybe we will meet someday!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

Skipro - Lived in Idaho Falls since '87. Not too bad a town provided your married, a conservative and like the outdoors. West Yellowstone ~ 100 miles: Jackson Hole ~ 100 miles: Boise ~ 250 miles: Salt Lake City ~ 250 miles. Targee Ski area ~ 90 miles: Big Sky Ski Area ~ 160 miles. Idaho reportably has something like 30% of all single track trails in the lower 48 states per a representative of the BRC.

I don't know of a Salmon Falls - but if your talking Boise to Salmon area that is great country. Lots of seasonal sports available. We are happy here.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome!!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX