My name is Trev...

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
KDXer
Supporting Member

My name is Trev...

Post by KDXer »

Hi guys I finally made it here. Good to see some familiar faces so to speak. I live in Australia as some of you know and like to perform 'dodgy' and 'shonky' mods to my 98. I love riding trails, single track and generally what we call 'bush' (woods). I look forward to catching up with you guys and I'll try and keep my dribble to a minimum. Thanks to SkiPro3, JasonWho and Rethnal for pointing me over here !!! Gday Wibbs and CC and thank you all again for you past help my Katie would not be half the bike she is without your patience and kind help. You guys rock !!!

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Welcome aboard , so to speak! :razz:
Glad to see you made it here, the best of the best are here, now we just need some fresh meat! :lol:
Last edited by Indawoods on 10:29 pm Nov 20 2004, edited 1 time in total.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Glad to see you found us o.k. Trev!
It's a bit skinny here for now, but I predict that this site will catch fire much like other specialty sites out there like KTMtalk.
Dodgy? Shonky? Hmmmm, guess I'll have to use the universal galactic translator located at the bottom of the page for a full understanding. :mrgreen:

Check things out and keep in mind that Rethnal, AKA Indawoods is the guy to provide suggestions to if you see something you would like to see added . He's been a very busy bee!!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Cool and thanks for the warm welcome. Keep up the great work Indawoods the sites looking great. Now fresh meat....HMMMMM... Let the fun begin ....

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

One more thing Trev: Note that you can upload your own avatar!!! Maybe you could design something like a kangaroo riding a KDX or something. :rolleyes:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Hey KayDee!

Good to see someone from downunder up here!!

Dodgy, shonky and all!! :wink:

Speaking of dodgy...it stinks that kdxs are kicked out of Oz land.

Gonna' happen here real quick.

There would be more folks 'pointed' over here...but Okie don't let that fly.

Well...Inda's sig and permissions (PMs) got axed for some reason I presume.

Welome over.....uh.......up?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Thanks CC. It's great to be here, really. This site just has a totally laid back atmosphere and its like you can kick ya thongs off, crack open a Fosters (or VB), rip into a roo and emu pie (cooked on the BBQ of course), throw the feet up on the esky and relax without being too worried about being bitten by snakes.
I look forward to sharing all my dodgy mods and shonky repairs to fellow KDXers. Crickey I gotta go the dingos got my baby.......

MMMMM Kangaroo on a KDX... I prefer Kangaroo on toast . :tongue:

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

"you can kick ya thongs off"

It took me a whole 2 seconds to realize that the phrase translated into Alabam-ese means flip-flops. WHEW!

We have been inundated by Outback steakhouse, so I was expecting to see "barbie" instead of BBQ.

It's good that you can have fun with the language differences. What is an esky?? Tell Mad Max I said hey. :-)
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

JasonWho wrote:"you can kick ya thongs off"

It took me a whole 2 seconds to realize that the phrase translated into Alabam-ese means flip-flops. WHEW!
Guess I was wrong then....

I thought he was talking about a "banana hammock" :lol:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

http://www.macquariedictionary.com.au/a ... slang.html

No more translations for me. This should answer all your questions. Its all here folks we got dodgy, shonky, esky and lots, lots more. Enjoy...

OK Jason Ill tell him as soon as he gets back from Thunderdome :lol: You can make fun of my language, race, religon, heck even my mother but (in my best yankee accent) "Don't y'all be DISS'N my bike mmkay". :lol:

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

We're not making fun of. We are making fun with. No DISSrespect intended. I tend not to dis green bikes. :-)
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It's true... American's love Aussies! :grin: We share that rebel thing...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I hear the women over there don't mind us either... :lol: All jokes guys. I know its all in humour and good fun Jas. No hard feelings mate.

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

We have lots of Kiwi's working at the ski resort as instructors. While you may be able to tell accents apart most Americans can't destinguish between New Zealand and Austrailain. As such, they get more private lesson requests and always bigger tips!!!! I guess it sounds so cute to us. Keep up the gammar lessons, I just may be able to fake my way into big bucks.
P.S. The one accent I never could get is the Scottish brouge. I think they work hard at making english difficult to comprehend.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Wimmen here got nuts for Aussies. I think it's that rugged outback thing. Too many American men are going metrosexual to be disirable anymore.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:razz: Gee Ski... I didn't know! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I don't know if you guys are the same (call me weird) but I often wonder what alot of you bunch look like. It ain't too pretty but I thought I'd pop up a picture of my mug in case anyone has the same curiousities or so you can have a laugh and poke fun at me. :razz: (WARNING MAY SCARE CHILDREN OR SMALL ADULTS)
And yes Jason of course thats 3am. LOL...

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:blink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Just messin' with ya KD... I do not take good pictures....at all! Therefore I avoid getting in pictures at all costs... But I may go down to Glamour Shots and get some made especially for you guys.... NOT! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

What is that by your eye, solder splatter? :grin:

Yet another "so that is what he looks like" reaction from me after seeing a picture of someone you have conversed with for a while.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128