New from St. Louis, Missouri

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
bash3r

New from St. Louis, Missouri

Post by bash3r »

I'm new to it all, dirt bikes, KDX's, 2-strokes, clutch.. all of it. So please be kind and forgive all my dumb questions.

Here's my bike: http://www.basherdesigns.com/kdx

I was planning on selling this bike but have decided I like it way to much and want to learn to ride and maintain my bike. So forgive my ignorance, I envy you experts around here. Any advice or tips is greatly apprciated, for sure!!
'03 KDX 220
crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

welcome to the sight! you will find some great info on here.

nice bike btw!
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Yep a nice clean looking ride indeed. :supz: You will be amazed at the potential hidden in your lil green rocket. Once your abilities increase the front forks will need attention as the front is undersprung and I would look at greasing the swingarm/linkages and steering bearings pretty soon if you haven't already as Kawasaki are more than tight with the grease. First things first if you don't have a manual, GET ONE !! It is our bible of sorts, there is an online version available here also...

http://www.cyclepedia.com/amember/go.php?r=57&i=l2

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

KDXer is right about the online manual - it's hard to beat, esp. for the price.

You'll enjoy this site - you came to the right place to maintain and improve that KDX . . .

and don't worry about feeling like you don't know much, you'll fit in with several of us!

Welcome!!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
bash3r

Post by bash3r »

Good news is...I bought the online manual the same day I agreed to buy the bike. Its very awesome. My only issue is it sometimes skips the "dummy/newbie" questions I sometimes have.

And KDXer, I have noticed the front forks seem to be a bit sloppy and very soft. Does that mean new springs and I'm sure thats something I can tackle.. hahaha!

thanks for the welcome guys, its awesome to unite across the globe by the way of a green 2-wheeled rocket.. !!
'03 KDX 220
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

With the help from the people here you can tackle just about anything if you are confident with a spanner. Springs... Piece of cake. The more common mod nowadays is to bolt a KX front end on it, it 'can' cost more than fixing up your stock conventional forks but you will NEVER get the results you get with USD forks. It is very well documented as it is a very popular mod.

RE dummy/newbie questions: we all need to start somewhere, don't be afraid to ask about anything. It all contributes to the wealth of info on this site.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome! You'll have to come ride with few of us in Taylorville, IL
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »