New guy from K-Town

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
ouben12

New guy from K-Town

Post by ouben12 »

New guy from knoxville Tennesee (GO Vols).. Just 40 miles south of Wind Rock in Oliver Springs 72,000 acres of trails, dirt roads, single track and double track and just a bunch of mountain to ride in. I ride a '06 KDX 200 with a Maxxis, a Twin Air, a FMF Gnarly and a Power Core 2. These all really make this bike come alive. My one problem is jetting. I know I'm too rich. Too much smell of gas and too much black nasty crap coming out of my pipe. It runs real good on the bottom end, but I seem to loose some on the top. How or which way should I jet? Thanks
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome to the site! If the stock jetting is still in the bike you'll almost certainly need to lean out the jetting. Look into switching to an aftermarket needle like a CEL or DEL with your stock carby for a big change in power delivery and fun factor.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hey Welcome!

What jetting is in there now? What is your elevation? We can get you close but you gotta be the tweaker! :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

Welcome I am In Maryville to give you a little help our elevation is 900 ft. I went from stock jetting to 155 main and a 45 pilot. It helped alot but still need to play with it.
06 200H

GALLERY!
ouben12

Post by ouben12 »

Hi, Thanks for your input. Yea 900 feet is right and it is the stock carby. I have been told by the service dept. at Alcoa Goodtimes that it is a 165 jet, but at that time everything was stock and that did'nt mean much to me. Now it does. One of you said something about a CEL or DEL needle, what do you mean?
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

06 200H

GALLERY!
ouben12

Post by ouben12 »

Thanks