Appreciative from S. Nevada

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
desertkdx06

Appreciative from S. Nevada

Post by desertkdx06 »

Hello,

I just bought an '06 kdx200 for $3000 new at the dealer and have about 50 miles on it. This site has been fantastic to come to and read all the good questions and replies. I would like to thank these posters for all their great replies to others, which also helped me: Indawoods, Canyncarvr, Kdxer, Skipro3 and Mr. Wibbens! :grin:

I have intstalled a Pro Circuit Pipe, VForce 3 reeds and just got back my RB Designs carb and head mods. I also run the airbox with 1/2" holes and the snorkel removed. I am extremely exited to reinstall the carb and head! I have not rode the bike yet with the VForce 3 reed cage or Pipe. With everything back on it will be quite an experience. Also, RB Designs got my parts on Saturday and they were waiting for me on my doorstep today! Wednesday! I can't say enough good things about his service. Once again, thank you all! You have made owning my KDX and modding it an easy and fruitful experience.
'06 kdx200
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you've got a good handle on what needed to be done. I'd suggest spending some time on the suspension now that you've got the engine pretty well taken care of. At the very least respringing it for your weight and pulling a couple of shims from the base valve stack if necessary would be beneficial. Wait till you take that test ride with the pipe and reeds coupled with the rb mods. Hold on!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Welcome to the site.
:drool: looks like you got a really good deal on your bike, 3k for a new bike and a KDX for that ! can't beat that. (I paid mine in 05 $4200 :sad: )
Looks like you also have all the great mod but 1 left to do, the KX front conversion is a great mod but I'm sure you already know that
Again welcome :partyman:
desertkdx06

Post by desertkdx06 »

Thanks m0rie and scheckaet! I will post after my first ride with the mods and let you know how it went. I'm not sure which forum to post it in though. I plan on installing the parts this weekend. I also couldn't believe the price on the dealer floor, I had to snatch it up before anyone in the know saw it and thought the same thing. Otherwise it was going to be a long thought out process before I spent $6,500 or more for a new bike.

What's really cool is that I am getting back into riding after 20 years off and the bike I chose to do it with, according to the poll, is the same one as everyone else chose to get back into riding with. Very cosmic or wise :wink:
I do have plans to get the front end re-sprung, probably this summer through Palo Verde Suspension down in Phoenix, AZ. They use the MX Tech product. I will explore the KX front conversion and compare. :partyman: Thanks
'06 kdx200
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

IMO save your cash a start looking for a kx front end (or CR, YZ...) on ebay, money better spent
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

Yes, don't even bother revalving your stock suspension. (Ask Canyncarvr about that. :wink: )

The only money you should even consider throwing at the stock forks is for respringing them, and you can do that mod yourself (springs run from $80-100). Considering all the mods you've already done, you should definitely plan on the KX fork conversion; it is the only great mod you don't have on that bike. Start reading up on it now!

And oh yeah, welcome to the site!! :supz:
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Welcome and don't forget to order the finger screw and allen head screws from Ron @ RB. :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."