I like this place already

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

I like this place already

Post by Mark W »

Name is Mark Wollner and I own a 2002 KDX220 that I bought off a farmer in southern Minnesota who used the thing to check out his crops. He put on only a few hours (less than 100 miles as he never reset the odometer he claims) and then his wifey though it too dangerous to keep and made him get a 4-wheeler. His loss, my gain.

I bought this bike after recommendations of many who now are over here from somewhere else. My intention was to get my 7 year old (at the time I bought the bike) into dirt bike riding. Nothing better than spending time doing something fun like riding the bikes on trails and what not. Bought him a KLX110 which he has outgrown and now has a KX65 that should kick his butt some this year. He enjoys the MX tracks more than trail riding (it has jumps) but I intend to get him back to some easy trail riding as the KX65 won't do too much on tough trails I don't think.

I'm almost 45 and don't think the KDX is a midlife crises or anything although the wife may disagree. I figure I'm still youing enough to enjoy these activities but old enough where falling leads to significant down time and twisted something or another

Kept the bike stock last year with the exception of the freebie mods. I intend to change out the fork springs to some XR400's and am looking into the RB carb modification and a new pipe. This should get me somewhere I figure.

I'm a rookie when it comes to bikes so I hope you don't mind too many questions. I love wrenching on my cars when I can get to what needs to be fixed. I'm looking forward to the wrenching on the bike.

I'm going to enjoy it here.

Mark W
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome!!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Nice to meet you Mark. I got my 220 in Oct last year and I'm 45. I didn't get it because of a midlife crisis, but because once I rode one last year and compared to my 98 XR250 I was instantly convinced it was what I needed. Yeah, thats it...NEEDED! Now my son has the XR. To me it is a therapeutic hobby. Some like to golf, I like dirt bikes. My wife likes dirt bikes. Sometimes we ride together and that is a good thing. Riding with the kids is great and something they will remember. How many kids say "Dad, remember that 72 you shot in...." My son still talks about the time we surprised a huge black bear 25 miles up in the mountains. I rode with a 62 year old throat cancer surviver last year. I should say I followed him at a great distance cuz that old fart was fast and smooth.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the message board. Feel free to ask many questions. We can usually all learn something during the conversation.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Mark - Welcome to the forum. Get ready for some major grin factor after you get a pipe, carb mod and springs on that bike. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner! BTW those KLX110's are great bikes. We've got one as a kick around play bike and its a hoot. Now if only the kid-lits would hurry up and get big enough to ride it :grin:

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Do that topend! Change the piston out and enjoy a great bike. Along the way I'm sure since you like wrenching (like most of us) you will start modifying your baby to suit your needs. Jetting is number 1 after a piston change on a 220. Then pipe, carb mod etc..... Don't under estimate the importance of tires either... they can make a nice day more enjoyable if you trust what your riding on.

Welcome Mark and we look forward to hearing alot from ya!
Indawoods :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
lankytim

Post by lankytim »

Hello Mark! My name's Tim.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Greetings and Salutations!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!