Introduction and finally got to ride the KDX

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
jsherm01

Introduction and finally got to ride the KDX

Post by jsherm01 »

I've been lurking here since November or so of last year while researching a good offroad bike to keep down at our farm. I have few four-stroke street bikes including a KLX400SR with dirt and motard wheels so I really didn't want to get another. I decided I needed a two stroke, especially since many are not being built anymore! I read a lot here that encouraged me to buy a KDX! Keep up the good work!

In December, I bought a '97 KDX220 for the family to give me for the holidays. That's how you get what you want for Christmas around here... :twisted:

It came with the RB carb and head mod, FMF Fatty pipe, .44 fork springs. Only been able to ride it around the front yard a little so couldn't really tell how I liked it despite tearing a few divots out of the lawn.

Last Friday we were going to finally have some decent weather but the weekend was going to be wet and cold again. I fell ill and stayed home from work :mrgreen:

After throwing on a new pair of Metzler MC4s I took the bike down to our farm which is a reclaimed strip mining operation. The oil company that mined the land has put everything back the way it was except for several flooded strip pits. I spent five hours on everything from rolling pasture to woods and rocky drainage areas.

Had a blast and realize I made the right decison about getting a two-stroke dirt bike to keep down there and especially the KDX - what a bargain. :supz:

Jim
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

'Hard to lose with a KDX, expecially one that's already modded!

I, too, have recently purchased a KDX (last September), and what I learned on this site influenced that decision.

Glad you're here, Jim! (BTW, I'm Jim too)
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Welcome aboard Jim, Jimbo, Jimmy-boy, the Jim-meister, Jimmy cracked corn and I don't care....

I guess the boy from Kentucky couldn't spell Jim and settled on Jeb? Ha!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

I think you watch way too much TV Jerry! :lol:
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net