Hi from AZ

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Pete Fetz

Hi from AZ

Post by Pete Fetz »

Hi All,
Just traded a 2006 Yamaha xt225 for a 2006 KDX200. I had the bike converted to a dual-sport and it is street licensed. It's stock except for an FMF pipe. I'm looking forward to many off-road adventures with it but I needed the license to ride to the trails since I don't have a trailer. I'm sure I'll have questions about the bike but will look through the forums first to try and find answers.
Pete in AZ(Peoria)
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

welcome ! :partyman:
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Welcome aboard Pete !! :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Street legal? Cheater!!! :grin:

Welcome to the site..... :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Welcome!

Glad to see another Arizonan. I've been thinking that we should have a KDX-only ride here in arizona some time. I have yet to ride with another KDXer. Send a PM if you ever decide to make it up to Flagstaff, I may not be fast but I know the trails around here quite well. :rolleyes:
macodi

Post by macodi »

Just curious, what did the street legal conversion cost?
Mark
Pete Fetz

Post by Pete Fetz »

Hi Mark,
In reply to your question about cost I can only estimate because the dealer did the work before we had settled on a final price. basically I paid them about $125. more for the bike but that included making it street-legal and also the cost of license plate. I really think that the dealer didn't realize the work involved or he would have charged more. Of course the horn and mirror were relatively easy but the rear brake light and license plate light were tougher. They took a bracket from a Ninja 636 and fastened it to my stock rear fender for the license plate light and plate. So now I have the only KDX that's part Ninja! The horn is hooked to the ignition so only works when the bike is running and the brake light is hooked to the front brake only and only works when the lights are turned on(as does the horn) Hope I didn't bore you with too much information.
Pete
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Every time I hear of Arizona, that song titled Arizona from the '70's I think, starts playing in my head!! Remember that tune?

Arizona, take off your rainbow shades Arizona, have another look at the world, my, my Arizona, cut off your Indian braids Arizona, hey won't you go my way? ...

Well now that will taunt me the rest of today.....

Anyway, welcome to KDXrider!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
macodi

Post by macodi »

I'd like to go street legal here because it opens up miles of fire roads. I'd only do it if they made mirrors that could fold down when not needed. Like a "flex" shower head if you can picture it.
Mark
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

They do indeed make mirrors like that. My brother had one on his KLX400...made by Acerbis I think.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

More of a toy than an honest to goodness mirror isn't it?

I've tried riding with those type mirrors and they were a joke....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
macodi

Post by macodi »

I just want to be legal...not that I'd plan on using it that much.
Mark
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

Welcome, would love to some pics.
06 200H

GALLERY!
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I've got one of those fold-down acerbis mirrors. Doest work very good for the intended purpose but for making it street legal its great. It folds down out of the way where you don't have to worry about it on the trails.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Welcome Mr. Fetz - you've come to the right place for your KDX, mirrors or not!!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

Howdy, Mr. Fetz.

We'll have to arrange that All-Arizona/All-KDX ride one of these days. I live up around 43rd and Pinnacle Peak.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
Pete Fetz

Post by Pete Fetz »

AZRickD wrote:Howdy, Mr. Fetz.

We'll have to arrange that All-Arizona/All-KDX ride one of these days. I live up around 43rd and Pinnacle Peak.

Rick
Hey AZRickD,
I've been reading your posts on S.W. Dirt Riders website and saw some of the pictures of your rides. Looks like fun but I'm fairly new to off-road riding and like to take it a little slow. Unfortunately some of the guys I ride with don't feel that way so I'm always bringing up the rear,especially in sand! We were riding out at MM4 today and were in a lot of sand. I finally went to Castle Hot Springs and Cow Creek, much more enjoyable. I'm at 91st and Beardsley so if you want to ride some time let me know.
Pete
06 KDX200 :grin: