Hello from FL

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
macodi

Hello from FL

Post by macodi »

Bought a 06 KDX 200 back in Aug. Knowing that I'd be in the woods 99% of the time, the research told me to go with the KDX. I'm happy. It was a 50th birthday present to me and first time back on a bike since I was a teen. It's coming back slowly. Funny, we'd ride all day everyday as a kid in jeans and never had the first case of monkey butt. What year was that stuff invented?!?!?

Have only ridden at Crooms in Brooksville a dozen times so far. Am looking forward to a trip to Ocala NF to check that out. Would love to also head up to Durhamtown or the new Carolina Adventure World in SC.

Bike is stock except for Moose handguards, PC Platinum II pipe and PC 296 sliencer. Now time to enroll in Jetting 101.
Mark
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Welcome to the site Mark!

Glad you found the site..... I think we can answer just about any question you may have about your KDX and maybe even some not related...who knows?!

Jetting your bike is the best thing you can do for your motor but don't forget that the suspension is the most important thing you can do to your bike before any other modification.

Indawoods :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
macodi

Post by macodi »

I have heard a lot of folks dumping the stock front end for the KX. I guess between my slower pace and sugar sand down here, I haven't noticed any issues with it. The only air I get is what blows in my face. :grin:
Mark
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome Mark! You can really help the handling of the stock front end by respringing it for your weigh, adjusting the preload and removing a couple of shims from the base valve. Lots of stuff to read up on so pull up a chair and get to it.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Good! Another 50 year old guy here. Welcome to the site!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
GS

Post by GS »

And another 50 year old mutt here.
You're right, monkey-butt was invented while we were busy elsewhere. That's how it is when you get preoccupied with other things, the youngun's do something stupid like that !

SEE: :butthead:
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Welcome !!! :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Welcome to the site, macodi . . .

I've been hanging around here for the last 6 months or so and have become quite intrigued thus far; don't be surprised if that happens to you.

TONS of know-how and tips here, informative and entertaining (bring your sense of humor) . . .

Learn what you can about the search feature and have at it!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

All of the above.
Welcome :partyman: .
Wilf
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Hello and welcome to the group
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd