New forum member w/ his one owner '87 200...

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
vuu16v

New forum member w/ his one owner '87 200...

Post by vuu16v »

Thought I'd do the proper thing and introduce myself before the barrage of questions begin.

The name's Shane, the username is a take on me owning two at the moment, 16v VW's (v=vee=V, uu=double-u=W). Not that anyone should care, but most wonder WTH it means. I'm about to turn 35 and am married w/ two lil' girls (2 and 4). I've not been on my bike in about a decade or so and it's been the family's punching-bag bike because everyone can kick it over on the 1st kick and it never has had any issues.

I'm getting back into dirtbikes after the hiatus due to dad buying a new CRF250X (he's gone to the triple Darkside IMO. E-start, four-stroke and a GD'ed Honda). I have been back into motorcycles for about four years now after a career/college break, but on a Kaw streetbike. Have ridden since my first KDX80 I got @ age 10 and rode until just out of HS.

I've got tons of questions about the restoration/rebuild so everything goes smoothly and gets taken care of before I need to start dusting shiny, new four-strokes off of the trail on my almost 20yr. old steed. Seems out of 6 riders I'll be the only one NOT on a CRF250X. I may run extra oil in my premix for a bit just to be an arse. :razz:

Love the site and believe it or not, I've already browsed all 60-some pages in the general section. Been browsing for a couple of weeks now and needed to make it official. :partyman:
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome!!!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

What he said.... Indeed WELCOME !!! :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
L8 Apex
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L8 Apex »

Can anyone kill this vuu16v guy? He's actually me, but I re-registered for some idiotic reason and then found my one and only post from before. :rolleyes:

Everything posted above was true, only everyone's older now (greys are popping out too) and I've been back from my Hatfield McCoy trip for two weeks. Bike did great. Rider did just ok. Still have a tweaked rt. knee from over-extension and hopefully not ligaments trying to break free.

I do need to fiddle w/ the carb some more though. All I did was clean it up to the point where it looked brand new and hoped that would work. Did the job except it either wants to idle so slow it won't stay alive w/o a blip every 20 seconds or it idles too fast w/ an up and down surge. Dad said it was too lean at idle, but I'm not pulling the carb off again until I get a new carb to head boot as this one has too many cracks for me to trust it. Can't get to the darn idle/air mixture screw w/ it on the inside of the bike. :butthead:
1987 KDX 200 (one owner (me), surprisingly pristine)
also buying parts for an '05 KX/KDX hybrid
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Those cracks in the boot could be your problem.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Welcome!
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
L8 Apex
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L8 Apex »

>|<>QBB<
fuzzy wrote:Those cracks in the boot could be your problem.
None of them seem to go all the way through, but that's a guess at best. Stopping in the local Kaw dealer tomorrow to see about ordering one. Had to go through Fredette to get the carb to airbox boot 2 mos. ago since it was NLA from the dealer, so we'll see.

Thanks for the welcomes. Seems I'll be here for a bit since dad just bought the little brother a '98 200, I have my '87 and am building a hybrid. :supz:
1987 KDX 200 (one owner (me), surprisingly pristine)
also buying parts for an '05 KX/KDX hybrid