Western Maryland!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
wezza83

Western Maryland!

Post by wezza83 »

Hi, I just got my 06 KDX 200 over the past summer. I have rode 4wheelers since about '98 so this is a pretty good change. I came looking for a forum when I ran into my 1st problem. My Acerbis blitz headlight will come on, but it won't get bright. My friend, and riding buddy, is an electrician, so he wired the light. Im looking for some info so I can show him up at his own trade! :partyman: These guys are great!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I moved your post to the General Q&A and answered your question... :wink:

Welcome to the site and I'm sure we can help ya get it worked out...

Indawoods
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

welcome :supz:
stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by stringburner »

Welcome. Where are you located in Western Maryland? I live across the river in West Virginia.
wezza83

Post by wezza83 »

Hagerstown, but we go riding up in Frostburg almost every weekend. We also just joined Tomahawk not too long ago.
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

Hey, Me and my father loaded up an old steam engine on a flat car in Hagerstown early this year at the Railroad Museum! Were from N. Ky. Did you see it in the paper? Nice Town.
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by stringburner »

I'm not far from Frostburg. I'm about 15~20 minutes from Cumberland. Tomahawk is around Hedgesville isn't it? In between Berkeley Springs and Martinsburg. I just got an '06 KDX in October. You'll like this place. Good people.
wezza83

Post by wezza83 »

1st of all the train station is right across from my Thursday night watering hole Burhans Station. 2nd thats awsome that you live so close to Frostburg. Ill look forward to running into another KDX up there. I got mine around the same time. A kid broke the ball that goes into your hip riding it, so he wanted to get rid of it. I think I got a good deal $2700 just over 100 miles on it!
stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by stringburner »

Ok, I have to ask. Where do you ride in Frostburg? I know there's the Green Ridge National Forest or something on 68 between Hancock and Cumberland, but I didn't know of anyplace to ride in Frostburg. Strip mines? $2700 is a real good deal for an '06. I won mine on eBay for a good price, but I had to drive 150 miles or so to get it. I've got 11.8 miles on it so far, and it's tore clear down to just the frame and engine. If you haven't, get a manual or buy the online manual, and grease the swingarm, linkage, and steering stem bearings. You can almost gaurantee they are dry as gunpowder and won't last long. It's alot cheaper to do it now instead of later, as in replacing the bearings and greasing them.
wezza83

Post by wezza83 »

This webs site hasn't liked me the past few days. So let me try this again. If you get off the Frostburg College exit, I believe it is exit 33, and make a left. You then have to drive down that road for about 2 or 3 miles. We park up at this guys house that was once an old bar. He charges $10 a vehicle, but your stuff won't get messed with. From his house there is all kind of riding, hill climbs, woods, power line trails, mud holes, strip mine trails. There is nothing like it within the same distance. I have been going up for a year or so and we always come across new people and they take us to new trails! Thanks for the heads up on the greasing Ill get on that.
stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by stringburner »

Thanks for the info on the riding area up on the mountain. I'll check it out this spring. What kind of trouble are you having w/ the site? I was having trouble a few weeks ago and had to delete my cookies to be able to see new content (it never updated new posts, etc.).
wezza83

Post by wezza83 »

Every time I tried to post a new reply it asked me to put my name and password in again, even though I was already logged in. It seems to be working ok now though.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Welcome to the New KDXRIDER! Bandwidth improved and bot eliminated!! Well, sorta.

YeEhaW!!

Your buddy's and electrician and he didn't know what the problem was? Tell'm it's as easy as PIE (P=IE that is). :lol:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!