Delinquent Intro:

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Delinquent Intro:

Post by stringburner »

I've been hanging out here w/ you guys for a month or so, but never did this introduction thing, so i'll take a minute and do that:

Howdy. I'm Tony. I live in the eastern panhandle of West Virginny, right near the VA and MD borders, in a little town called Fort Ashby (pop. around 1300 and change according to a 2000 census). Pretty nice place to live really. I'm a bit out of "town", and it's still the kind of area where my keys stay in the ignition of my truck, and I wouldn't have a clue where a house key would be. My family does residential building/contracting for a living, and we have since back in the '70's. I went to college too, but for some reason I prefer physical work, and I like to be able to look at the end of the day and see where i've accomplished something that I can take pride in. Other than that, in my free time, I like to run, go to the gym, eat right, fish (river smallmouths), play traditional acoustic music (fiddle tunes/ bluegrass) on one of my guitars, do a little courtin', and have a good beer or 3 once a week or so. I guess that's about all there is to know. I've never been married. Been w/ one girl for 10 years, and the current one for 8 or so. I can't get myself to do it deed I can't. :? I see it go bad so often it seems like a no brainer to run temporary tags on their butts. I don't have any kids either so far. I'm 36 btw.

Bikes: Started out on a Honda Mini-Trail 50 in the 3rd grade. Boy was that thing a hunk a junk. It was broke down a lot. Then I got a new Bazooki RM 80 in '82. I was cool. First year for the Full Floater single shock rear-end. I rode the snot out of that thing for years and the only problem I ever had w/ it was it eventually fouled a plug. Then I got a Suzuki TS 185. I think it was an '81, but i'm not sure. It was blue. It handled about like an apartment building in a mudslide, but it's still running the last account I had of it. Next was an '88 Yamaha FZ600. A deer hit me in the side one night, so I traded it on a '89 KDX200. Nice bike. The kickstart quit engaging, so I took it back to the dealer to have it fixed under warranty, he called me and said someone wanted to buy it, so I sold it. Didn't have a bike from then until 2004. Got a new KTM 200 exc. Sweet ride. Got to hanging w/ some fellas w/ streetbikes, so I wanted to ride w/ them, sold the Katoom, and got an '04 Honda 599 (Hornet). Rode it 2000 miles the summer I got it, and 3 this last summer. Ended up riding most of the time solo, which turns out to be not much fun on the street. Sold it, and here I am pestering you guys. :cool:

There's my life story. Here's a photo link of me fishing, which won't look anything at'all like how ya'll picture me:

http://groups.msn.com/flatpickin/shoebo ... PhotoID=45

That's it. Thanks for all the help you guys have given me so far, and see you on the forum.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

welcome to the site! :supz:
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Howdy. My wife was born in West By God Virginny! Her daddy's cousin was killed in the Marshall crash, movie comes out on the 22nd.

I spent a hole bunch of time over by Charles Town and Winchester. This spring I plan on riding the Hatfield McCoy.

Glad to finally have chance to meet ya.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by stringburner »

Howdy back at youns, and thanks for the welcome. Brad, that's pretty crazy about the Marshall football team, and your father in laws cousin being on the plane. I think there was one survivor on the team that didnt get on the plane for some reason that I can't recall now. It may have been he was injured. I think he relocated soon after the accident. My ole' woman works at the Winchester Medical Center, so i'm real close to there. I might try and hook up w/ you and ride the Hatfield McCoy trail system next summer. I've never been there either.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Glad to have another moutaineer around!

Like the picture. Them river smallies are some of the fiercest fighters to come out of the water.

Both my family and my wife's family are from the Charleston area. I get "back home" pretty often so maybe we can hook up and ride some of those old coal mining roads next summer!

Maybe we could time it when Bradf gives H&Mc a whirl!!

Jim Browning
WVU '05
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by stringburner »

Smallies rule! Pound for pound the gamest fish in freshwater.

I'd like for a few of us in the mid-atlantic region to get together for a ride. It's a fair peice for me to the Charleston area, but I wouldn't mind. Sounds like a good plan to me. I haven't ridden much in the dirt for awhile, so you or anyone else I would be riding w/ would have to take it easy on me, or wait up a lot. :mrgreen:
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
stringburner wrote:Smallies rule! Pound for pound the gamest fish in freshwater.

I'd like for a few of us in the mid-atlantic region to get together for a ride. It's a fair peice for me to the Charleston area, but I wouldn't mind. Sounds like a good plan to me. I haven't ridden much in the dirt for awhile, so you or anyone else I would be riding w/ would have to take it easy on me, or wait up a lot. :mrgreen:
It would be great for several of us to get together for a ride. And we don't necessarily have to ride near Charleston! It takes me around 4 hours to get to Charleston FWIW.

BTW, don't worry about the "wait up" part - I've been out of riding for over 20 years until this past year!!
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

I'd give my left nut to ride Hatfield! It would have to be for at least 2 if not 3 days beins there is so much ridin to do. Oh lordy is there a bunch of riding there! Ride all day and then partake of a healthy cereal drink, on ice, in nice 12 oz cans or bottles. Lets definitely plan on that! Are we plannin yet? Now? How bout now?

My father-in-laws cousin was Barry Nash. He went by Joe though. We are going to see it on opening day. Dan my father-in-law figures it's going to be really hard to see. It is going to tear him up and he knows it but he has got to go see it. There are lots of people from the Huntington area still won't talk about it. There are many who hadn't gone back to the stadium since 1970.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by stringburner »

Jeb, I'm about 4 hours from Charleston too. I've done it in 3:20, but I was bouncing off the speed limiter alot! I'm up for it. We got time to figger out a time convenient for everyone even. Ridin', imbibing on adult beverages, heehawing laughter, acting a fool in general. Brad, I think we better wait 'til spring though. It's a might cold right now. I do know the towns let you ride right in on your dirt bike to getcha something to eat, and get fuel. Lots of people up this way go riding down there. Brad, where's Thomasville in Jawja? I know a couple a fellers down in North Ga. They live in or near abouts Powder Springs, Cedartown, and one other town I can't remember right off. He called it Possum Snout, GA so much I forget what it was called now (edit: Hiram, Ga it is). Ones a Cobb county firefighter, and the otherns a Berry College police officer. Good people ya'll got down there. :partyman: I think Brad just wants some new victims to roost. :shock:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I think we need to schedule about 4 rides this next year.... It may be hard to get out west though for me.... My goal is to ride as much as possible next year! :supz: :partyman:

Oh... and WELCOME! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

T'Ville is just over the boarder from Tallahassee, FL on Hwy 319. I do most of my riding in the Appalacicola NF. We are so deep-in-the-hearta Dixie that it still feels like "Old South" here.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Yep, I'm gonna leave enough vacations days free for a 4-day weekend in WV and another long weekend in Taylorville. I can reach either area in 4+ hours - that's not too bad.

Not only is there Hatfield & McCoy (+500 miles of trails) in WV, there's oodles of old mining roadbeds and train track beds. My sister's boyfriend and his buds sometimes ride from Charleston to Summersville (75-80 miles); in order to do it one of them actually has to ride a 4-wheeler and bring a "gas pack" or "flat pack" (whatever it is - extra fuel). I think they cheat a little and hit a few backroads for a couple miles. LOTS of riding in WV.

'Sounds like a blast!!

CLICK FOR PICS!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Welcome Mr. Intro!

Hard to get out West? Get on a road heading South...turn right.

Easy shmeesy!!

All you Easturners come on out for a real ride!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!