How Y'aaaall Doin?

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
RiverRat

How Y'aaaall Doin?

Post by RiverRat »

I'm a long time KDX220 lover in NC. I ride exclusively in the woods and around the bottoms of the Yadkin river. My first dirt bike was a KDX220 I got back in 1997. Then I tried a '99 CR250 (power too abrupt for the woods) - and after that a '00 CR125 (0zero0 low end power). I finally wised up and got another KDX220 last year. Have any of you ever been to Uwharrie National Forest in NC?

"If it's got knobbies, I like it."

And one more thing - has anyone besides me fantasized about shredding a golf course with the KDX after a hard rain? Just wondering. :twisted:
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Hello RiverRat! I've not ridden anywhere in NC. What's in the Uwharrie? Very big?

Welcome to the site. I've been a member for a handful of months and have enjoyed it immensely; these guys have been at it a while so expect lots of genuine know-how.
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Howdy. The furthest up yonder that I ride is Greenwood and Union, SC. My bro-in-law is a SC State Pooper "motorcicle type" out of Union.

I am the Happy Gilmore poster child. I golf, therefore I swear. Well actually I will never golf again cuz I have been told my language makes Happy look like a baptist preacher. Everytime I look at golf course with all those berms and sandy pits...and those nice flat corners with flags in the middle...I get a chubby just thinkin 'bout tarrin it up! If the world was comming to an end tonight I would be out on the first tee by noon.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
grump99

Re: How Y'aaaall Doin?

Post by grump99 »

>|<>QBB<
RiverRat wrote: And one more thing - has anyone besides me fantasized about shredding a golf course with the KDX after a hard rain? Just wondering. :twisted:
Haha!! every time I'm near one!!! :mrgreen: My wife thinks I'm crazy!
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

Riverrat, where are you at? I'm in Salisbury and always looking for a riding partner...

I've never been to Uwharrie b/c I've heard it is a death trap for bikers (with all the blind corners and 4x4s out there), so I usually go to Brushy Mtn or TNT down in SC. I've been thinking of trying out Center Road MX near Yadkinville...bet you've already been there!

Woods, MX track, it's all good, I'll ride anywhere I won't get shot at. :grin:
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

welcome
has anyone besides me fantasized about shredding a golf course with the KDX after a hard rain? Just wondering
it's good to know that I'm not the only PSYCHO :shock: :twisted: thinkin' about making big jumps over the bunkers! :mrgreen:
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Firstly, WELCOME !!!

Secondly, lets just say I 'know' a silly guy really well who (when alot younger and dumber) decided to take a squirt around the local golf course after hours. He said to say "the fines and community service was TOTALLY worth it". :lol: Didn't take long for the black 'n whites (for you lot) to track me, oops I mean HIM down. :oops: :lol: We all make mistakes right ?!? :twisted:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
maicocpa

Post by maicocpa »

The looks on their faces range from horrified to confused when business associates ask if I golf and I tell them no, I just tear up golf courses with my dirt bike.
2006 KDX 200, Bunch o' Maicos, Bunch o' kids' bikes
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E