New Guy From CT

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
csmutty

New Guy From CT

Post by csmutty »

Hey I am new to this forum and ride a 2000 KDX200. I got it in March and race harescrambles with it. I think it is a great bike and has managable power with tons of power to spare if you wanted to open it up in a field or such. I find the stock suspension perfect for me too as it is very soft and keeps pretty good contact with the ground. I have been dying to try mx lately and have learned that the KDX won't take mx very well. I have also experianced this myself. The suspension can't take a 5 foot jump very well as it bottoms out. The KDx is just so good on the trails though that I would hate to give it up. I have a few upgrades on the KDX. Here they are:Boyesen Pro Series Reeds, Boyesen Rad Valve, Acerbis DSS Headlight, N-Style Graphics and Seat Cover, Renthal Gold Series O-Ring Chain, Renthal Sprockets, Tag Handlebars, Moose Perches, Moose Bark Busters, Wiseco Piston, Works Connection Frame Guards, Works Connection Skid Plate, BB Pipe Guard. I hope to get an aftermarket silencer but don't know what to get. Any reccomendations would be great. I just want it to be really quiet to do my share in keeping the sport alive as long as possible. Less sound=More ground
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Welcome, sounds like you are pretty realistic about your bike and what it's good at. There'a ton of info on this forum to help you get the most out of it.

As for MX, it's a great sport, but you need to take all the precautions to keep yourself safe. A big part of that is the right equipment, and a bike designed for MX is the way to go. Not sure if you've ridden MX bikes much, but if you hang out at the track with your bike and talk to people about your interest in getting started, you'll probably find a few that will let you ride their bikes to see how you like it. At least that's the way it is around me.

Good luck to you on that, and welcome!
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
csmutty

Post by csmutty »

Thanks guys!