Yo! New guy in Michigan here!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Johnny

Yo! New guy in Michigan here!

Post by Johnny »

Hello all! Happy to be here and very happy to be the proud new owner of a 2001 KDX220. It has alot of upgrades, wiesco piston. bored out carb, race tech front fork springs, gnarly pipe, fmf turbine core 2 silencer, v force reeds, wer steering stabilizer, newer street rated tires, skid plate, grips, acerbis hand gaurds, and I think thats about it, oh yeah it's street legal too. The previous owner took really good care of this bike and I was lucky to get it. I absolutley love the bike. I have ridden my buddies CR250 and my bike has a little more lower end power and hangs with it in the towards the upper end. I just have to make sure I get through the gears rather quickly. When he rode my bike he said it felt like a cadillac compared to his 250. Not sure if that means my bike is set up a little soft of if the MX bikes are just a little harsher. I also rode my other buddies CR125. No comparison there. My KDX just shits and gets it from the word go. You have to get that 125 to its mid range before it starts pulling a little, but by that time it's too late, he is wiping the mud from his goggles!!!! All in good fun. We have a blast.

My 10 year old daughter has a 2000 KX 60. That bike is fast!! I know because I have ridden it a few times.

I rode very little when I was young, had a street bike for about one year, just recently got into dirt biking this summer and LOVE IT!!! Nothing compares. I may push too hard as I have wiped out twice already, but it is only because I want to improve quickly. I have a little jump where I ride (its about 3 feet high) and I enjoy hitting that in second gear and flying about 10 feet. Maybe I am a MX'er ???????? Who knows, long way to go I'll just keep ridin and figure it out.

Thanks for the forum and listening to me babble!!!!!

Johnny :grin:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Welcome to the site Johnny! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Hello and welcome
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Welcome Johnny!

That's awesome you got your daughter riding. Just wait till she steps up to an 85. I ride my kid's once in a while and that thing will bust a wheelie with me on it when the KIPS opens. Have fun out there, and wear your gear.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Sweet, another 220'er. Welcome.

As my dad always says....If your not crashing, your not trying! :lol:
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Thanks fellas. Happy to have found this site.