Back to Riding in WA

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
TMFabrication

Back to Riding in WA

Post by TMFabrication »

Just getting back to dirt riding after being out of the scene for 12+ years (streetbikes, wife and kids....) I bought a '94 KDX200 with all the goods (FMF Pipe, reeds, bars, etc) and have been reading up on the KX USD conversion. I still have some gear to buy, then it's forks and carb/head mod and lots of riding. Great site and thanks for the info so far and the info to come.
Brent
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Welcome to the site Brent!

Glad to have ya..... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome to the site Brent!

Your 94 KDX already has USD cartridge forks that are better than the standard KDX forks but not as good as KX forks (no rebound, smaller cartridge and tube size, etc). I'd go with a respring and remove a couple of the shims in the cartridge as a temporary measure before moving onto the KX forks. Get your gear (good boots and a helmet are a must!) then have RB Designs work over your Carb and Head. You'll be amazed at the difference!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
TMFabrication

Post by TMFabrication »

It has the standard forks with the legs that go well past the axle and feel like crap even in the garage. Good boots and a helmet will be taken care of before the first actual ride next week. Need to get a couple of rides in and jet it for the dunes Sept. 21st. I wish I had a '95 due to the better aftermarket support for the newer style bikes.
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I've got a 89 200 and 9/10th of the functional parts (non-bling) for the H series bike (95+) fit without issues. Do you have USD or conventional forks? The 93 and 94 KDX 200 should have had USD's. If they feel junky they might need a rebuild with new seals and bushings along with an oil change.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

Welcome! Where you at WA? I am just north of Seattle.
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
TMFabrication

Post by TMFabrication »

>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:I've got a 89 200 and 9/10th of the functional parts (non-bling) for the H series bike (95+) fit without issues. Do you have USD or conventional forks? The 93 and 94 KDX 200 should have had USD's. If they feel junky they might need a rebuild with new seals and bushings along with an oil change.
Conventional, I'll be changing the oil and seals before we head to the dunes.

I'm in Everett. I should fill out my profile shouldn't I? I will soon. I'm off to work on the KDX for a couple of hours while the wife is gone :grin:
sotchong

Post by sotchong »

Welcome to the site, We just live in Maple Valley Just east of seattle.
TMFabrication

Post by TMFabrication »

We went riding out at Tahuya State Forest by Bremerton. It was rocky and dusty, but a lot of fun. My bike is actually a '92 and ran really good. I just need more practice to keep up with the others ('05 rm450f, '05 crf450, '91 wr400, and a '05 yz250) We'll be heading to Capital Forest 8/24 after work :supz:
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
TMFabrication wrote:My bike is actually a '92 and ran really good.
That explains the lack of USD's on the '94 :wink: A 92 makes more sense then. When you get around to it ditching the damper rod conventionals for KX forks will be one of the best things you'll ever do to your 92 and your ability to keep up with your friends in anything other than a super tight woods situation.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
TMFabrication

Post by TMFabrication »

Already have a line on a '98 kx250 frontend, complete $300. It's hard to beat the torque of a big 4-stroke in tight woods
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
TMFabrication wrote: It's hard to beat the torque of a big 4-stroke in tight woods
Not with a properly setup KDX it aint. :wink:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

hi hows it goin i hope u get all the help u need on this sight. hey've helped me out a couple of times. i live north of spokane (north east washington).
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
TMFabrication

Post by TMFabrication »

The site is great and very helpful. The bike is running awesome, I need a rear tire and KX fender before the next ride. I'm getting faster with every minute on the bike it seems, it's all coming back now. Why did I ever start riding on the street :rolleyes: Thanks to everyone. I'll get my profile and pictures up soon.
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

I left Snohomish last October. I was always lookin for a ridin buddy to go to Walker Valley or over to eastern WA. In the sea of woods pumkins I was always the lone green macine.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
TMFabrication

Post by TMFabrication »

>|<>QBB<
bradf wrote:I left Snohomish last October. I was always lookin for a ridin buddy to go to Walker Valley or over to eastern WA. In the sea of woods pumkins I was always the lone green macine.
GA is a long way from Snohomish. Just went to Walker last thursday, it was a blast right up until I lost the last bit of knobbie from my tire.
dirtbikelogan

Post by dirtbikelogan »

I don't know why but Walker never seems that big whenever I go there..... :? ...Is there something that I'm missing???