New to the Group - Future KDX Owner

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

New to the Group - Future KDX Owner

Post by Jeb »

Hi, just signed up with this forum because I'm convinced that the KDX200 is the bike for me and will own one soon. I had the opportunity to ride a stock one and loved it: I could putter around, but when I opened her up she felt good - not "rip your arms out of the sockets" hit but very reasonable and controllable. I've learned that you can modify for improved performance, incrementally, so that you can "keep up" with the changes.

I raced MX many years ago (early 80's). 'Raced an RM125 then a YZ250 later. I'd been away from off-road bikes since then until I bought my oldest son a CRF50 and then ended up getting one of those mild 230 4-strokes earlier this year. The 230 is a pretty good trail bike to get into it (or back into it in my case) especially riding with a youngin' on a minibike. Then about 4 months ago I happened across a used Suzuki JR80, a mildly tuned 2-stroke that has a manual clutch and thought it'd be a great bike for him to learn the clutch on. Not only did he learn the clutch almost instantaneously he's now zipping around, clutch-fanning and mud slinging, and can basically catch up with me on tighter trails!! I've got two-stroke in my blood already and watching him woke that feeling up. I've tried to research the best bike to replace the 230. All things considered, the KDX200 looks like a no-loose choice.

I signed up with this forum because I wanted to learn as much as I can to maximize enjoyment of this whole thing and to share experiences, etc.

'Look forward to it!!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Welcome to the site!
Anything you want to know about including performance mods is here. I think you will find the KDX a very capable bike. It's is still better than me after all the mods. Each one takes it a bit further. The forks were the true sticking point for me. After swapping them out for the KX forks.... then bike was better than me. So, that's something to consider.... :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome! You'll find everything to make that KDX sing and more here. Get friendly with the search function and read the archived threads. Lots of info and advice to be had here.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project