Colorado Rider

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Cytoviper

Colorado Rider

Post by Cytoviper »

Hello all,

Just stumbled into this site whilst searching for some information to get a older 1982 KDX 175 back on the trails.

I have been browsing around a bit and I really like this forum alot seems like lots of good people here.

About me........ 41 now been riding since before I could drive a car :grin:

Have lived all over the front range of Colorado now living in the Fort Collins area.

Hope everyone has a fantastic summer. :partyman:
1982 KDX 175
1988 ZX6 Ninja 600
2006 Harley Night Rod VRSCD 1130
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome to the site! Those older KDX's look like they would be a lot of fun within the limits of the suspension.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Those older bikes have some merit. When I had mine I got to come around a corner to see my buddy's KX dumping the last of his coolant after a tree root harpooned his radiator and flattened his pipe. $500 later he was back on the trails. :blink: The ride height was also a big adjustment for me when I got the new bike. I'd get hung up and dump it. The '82 was a lot lower.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Wudscrasher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wudscrasher »

Welcome! :partyman: I see you're my neighbor! I'm a new KDX owner after riding an XR4 for several years. If you're interested in hooking up with other riders, join Northern Colorado Trail Riders (nctr.net, I think). We have rides all around the state, but mostly west of Ft. Collins and in the Walden area. When you get that ol' KDX ready, drop me a note and I'll show you some great trails! :supz:

--C.J.
2000 KDX220R

"Big air? I say keep it in the dirt - that's where the fun is. You want big air, kid? Pull my finger." -- Smooth Johnson, Master of the Berm