Swanpuppy new KDX220

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
jedidan45

Re: Swanpuppy new KDX220

Post by jedidan45 »

Swanpuppy wrote: 10:15 am Oct 11 2023 Does anyone have any other recommendations for a rear shock rebuild? FRP off-road is non responsive, almost like the company no longer is in operation. Thanks!
I spoke with Jeff not too long ago...he's basically a one-man operation...I remember he does quite a bit of ice racing, so maybe he's prepping for that?

I'm sure any of your local suspension guys could probably do a decent job on it...I would maybe try to ask any riding buddies for local recommendations or search on Facebook for local riding groups and ask them...otherwise, you could send it to a major builder like Enzo, etc and have them do it.
Long live the KDX and all hail King Fredette!
Swanpuppy

Re: Swanpuppy new KDX220

Post by Swanpuppy »

Update time. I was able to get a few rides in last year and really enjoying the bike so far. I did finally get ahold of Jeff, he was able to rebuild the shock and swap the spring for me. I have not gotten a chance for a real shake down ride yet, but it feels a lot better already. Since purchasing this one owner bike, I have done the jets, rebuilt the top end, new seat cover, vinyl wrapped the plastics, rear rebuild on the shock, and fiddled and adjusted a few things. I will have new headlight bulbs coming in this week, and now it's just time to wait for the ground to dry for riding.
Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 12.48.33 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 12.48.33 PM.png (4 MiB) Viewed 523 times