hello from Boston

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
blackduc98

hello from Boston

Post by blackduc98 »

Hi folks. Just found a reference to this site on dirtrider.net. Oops, was I not supposed to say that name outloud? Anyway, we're a father/son combo in Boston. My 12-year old son has a TTR-125 and I bought a '97 kdx200 in December. I knew the bike needed work when I was buying it, but I figured I'd have an entire new england winter to get it up to snuff. Turns out it needed a bit more than I originally thought, so I took the plunge and tore the whole thing down to pieces. I repainted the frame, replated the cylinder, replaced various wheel and suspension bearings, chain, sprockets, carb parts, etc., rebuilt the brakes, and I'm finally starting the reassembly process. I was going to do suspension mods while I have it all apart, but the weather is too nice now, and I figure I better put a few miles on it first. Hopefully I'll have it back together soon so I can finally get down to the business of learning how to ride the darn thing - I have years of street riding but this is my first dirt bike.

Anyone else here from metro Boston? If not Boston then maybe the larger New England area? Pointers to local clubs and especially riding schools (if there is such a thing) would be greatly appreciated.
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome to the site!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

You can say dirtrider.net here, but I am suprised that you found a refernce of this site over there. It's been deleted as soon as a moderator discovers it.

Welcome to the site and congrats on being a great dad AND buying a KDX. You won't have any problems learning to ride dirt, but I strongly recommend buying and wearing good quality safety gear. Don't skimp, junior would like to continue riding WITH is dad instead of having him sit it out due to an injury.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
mattR

Post by mattR »

The major organization for off road riding is the New England Trail Riders http://www.netra.org/ There are links to all of the local clubs on their site.

The only riding school I know of is a youth riding camp put on in CT each June by the Nutmeg Scramblers Club. There is info about it on the NETRA web site.

Get that KDX together, riding season opens May 1st.
97 KDX 220
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Welcome!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
NM_KDX200

Re: hello from Boston

Post by NM_KDX200 »

>|<>QBB<
blackduc98 wrote:Just found a reference to this site on dirtrider.net. Oops, was I not supposed to say that name outloud?
You can say "dirtrider.net" here! Here's another one you say here:
ebay

Cool, huh!!!??? Watch, I'll do it again:
EBAY!!!!

We even have our own "Hands OFF" ebay forum here!
:mrgreen:

Happy riding. Not from Boston.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125