Howdy from Houston!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
GaryH

Howdy from Houston!

Post by GaryH »

I have been lurking around and checking out all the tech tips, and I have to say Im impressed. And I thought I would say hi.

A little about myself. Transplanted from So Cal where I used to race MX, TT, Flat track etc. (in the 70s) Been here in Houston for 30 years and recently got the urge to start riding again. After a couple of weeks of searching the web for bikes, I belive the KDX200 will be my choice. I probably wont do any racing, but I am an aggressive trail rider. So most likely Ill be doing the RB carb and head mods, pipe etc. Im a bigger guy at 6'1" and 220 lbs, so I assume some suspension upgrading will be in my future.

Just about all the info I need is righ here on this site. Yall got it together. Good job guys. Thanks.

Gary
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Welcome Gary!

Alot of us are agressive woods riders. That's not to say we would be good MXr's but they are 2 different animals. I'm a big TT fan myself. I really like Chris Carr (The Prince of Peoria) as he is known. Ever race in Peoria Illinois? They have a jump that makes it very interesting to say the least.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
GaryH

Post by GaryH »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Welcome Gary!

Alot of us are agressive woods riders. That's not to say we would be good MXr's but they are 2 different animals. I'm a big TT fan myself. I really like Chris Carr (The Prince of Peoria) as he is known. Ever race in Peoria Illinois? They have a jump that makes it very interesting to say the least.
Thanks for the welcome Inda. Im too old and too lazy to get into MX shape anymore. :partyman:

Just planning on ripping up some singletrack and maybe an occaisonal enduro.

Naw, never raced in Ill. Only in Cali. Back when I ran Minis. We had a blue groove track that was really nice but Im sure its long gone.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Welcome Gary. I used to live in San Bernadino (in the early 70's) when I could just hop on my bike, ride out my back door and not stop until I hit the lights of Vegas. (If I could remember where the gas stops were!)

Hope you enjoy Huston and your future with a KDX.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E