My First Kawasaki

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
husabob

My First Kawasaki

Post by husabob »

Greetings from Southern NH. I've been riding since the early '70's. I recently acquired an '84 KDX200 to ride in the NETRA Vintage Hare Scrambles Series. I was until recently using my '83 IT490, but I am now 62, and injuries, new and old, have caused me to rethink my choice of mount. Last weekend, I rode the Vintage Hare Scrambles in Rhode Island. It was my maiden voyage on the KDX, and I think it''s a keeper. It is light, and nimble. I just gotta remember to keep the rev's up unlike the endless off idle grunt of my 490. My KDX is cosmetically challenged, but mechanically sound. One item I really need to get is a skid plate. If anyone has one for sale or knows where I can buy one, I would be grateful for the information. Thanks Mucho, Bob B
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: My First Kawasaki

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the group. My dad is always saying that his 84 KDX200 was the best bike he ever owned, and he's owned every series since the As and is still riding his 94 E model that he bough brand new. As for skid plates, the easiest path would probably be to find a universal one and adapt it to fit, or build one if you have the materials/tools.
DesertRat!

Post by DesertRat! »

Welcome to the forum, my last race bike was an 86 KX500 and after a 25 year brake from riding I got a 96 kdx200 it is great and I will be entering my first desert race in 24years Im also a senior at 66, have fun and be safe.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Dekon
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

My First Kawasaki

Post by Dekon »

The 2018 Wood Chopper was my first NETRA vintage race ever. Also first time back on my bike in 3 years. Had a blast, but I ran out of gas; me, not the KDX. LOL
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Good on ya’, Desertrat! I’m 66 and returned to racing after 30+ years away also. We’ve got to keep the kids honest! Do you have age classes in desert races where you are?