Kiwi KDX owner in Australia

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Kiwiraider

Post by Kiwiraider »

Firstly, thanks for the add to the forum. I am looking forward to access to all the info available on here.

This is my first venture into the KDX range having previously restored and raced a 1982 KX125 and 3 1985 KX250s. Unfortunately the years are racing by and the new trend seems to be for fathers to rebuild vintage MX bikes and put their young and fearless kids on them to race in vintage MX. Unfortunately that same level of fearlessness sees many of them racing far to aggressively for old guys like me. Hence the decision to give vintage Enduro a try. The logical choice for me was to always stay mounted on a green bike.

I am the proud owner of a standard 1983 KDX200 and a 1984 KDX240 big bore kitted bike fitted with 1983 KX125 suspension front and rear. Both bikes are currently in a million bits undergoing a full rebuild.

I am a mechanic by trade and have already discovered how scarce some parts are to find for these model bikes.

My intention is to ride the 240 in local vintage Enduro events. I look forward to making full use of this forum.

Once again, thanks for the add.

Kiwiraider
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Welcome! :supz:

Yeah, the older air cooled KDX's are really tough to restore but I think they are worth it. Please keep us posted on your progress and hopefully we can help a bit along the way!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Kiwi KDX owner in Australia

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider. :partyman:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Kiwi KDX owner in Australia

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums, lots of KDX riders down south.