Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
drsnutz46

Post by drsnutz46 »

:kick: Glad to be on board, just received an 2000 KDX 220 R and am going to use it to race TT, Scrambles and Flattrack, looking forward to finding out some of the do's and don'ts on the KDX 220, thanks for allowing me to join in your forum.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: newbie

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider. :partyman:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the group.

1st order of business on the 220 is verify whether or not the OEM pison is installed, and if it is replace it. (ha I got here first this time!)
2nd is find a different bike to race dirt track. As far as I remember, AMA sanctioned stuff limits singles to 2006 and newer 450 MX bikes basically. Even if not racing AMA, unless you're in a small bore specific class, the 220 is not a good choice for TT/flat tracks. It's got enough grunt down low to start well, but you run out of top end faster than the 200. That said, it would be fun to slide a KDX around the 1/8 mile and smoke everyone out of the stands lol.
drsnutz46

Post by drsnutz46 »

I will be racing in the 60 y/o plus age group, the size, make and model are open when it comes to the bike, the flat track is only 1/8 mile and I have an alternate set of Buchannan wheels already laced up and ready to go, haven't ridden an dirt bike in 13 years, should be interesting! lol