Hi everybody from Scotland

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
jhogg7575

Post by jhogg7575 »

Just a quick hello as new to the forum :grin:
I have new to me a kdx200 but don't what one. Frame says kdx200g but it has a metal tank and the extra loop on the frame next to rear pegs and it also has auto lube ?
Previous owner has powder coated the frame I have tried to clean off powder coat from frame but only got the first part will post pics when I workout how to do it. So expect lots of stupid questions and maybe a few drunken posts :partyman:
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Hello fello UKdx'er & welcome ...
Without seeing a pic of your bike I would say it's the SR version ( street ) ...these differ to the full enduro spec bikes as these have metal fuel tank , key ingnition switch located in the R/H frame gusset hole, auto lube, rear pillion pegs, larger stator plate ( possible indicators ) switch gear...The air box is different as the carb is smaller too.
Although here in the UK the H series kdx arrived in 1996 ( R plate ) you may find that the number plate on yours may be on a H plate to N plate which makes ordering parts difficult .
Apart from the smaller carb & different stator the main engine parts & plastics are the same as the 'R' ( enduro )
jhogg7575

Re: Hi everybody from Scotland

Post by jhogg7575 »

Yes i thought it was an sr but the frame says kdx200g on it, i have only had it a week and in the process of removing the lights clocks as it will be obly used off road to try and keep up with my 9 years old son on his kx 65Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
cornishwrecker220

Bike looks tidy & complete....
It's actually the E series kdx which was before the H series perimeter framed model ....
Personally I would keep the lights on & get it MOTd for the road & use it for green laning as well as for chasing your son around :grin:
jhogg7575

Post by jhogg7575 »

Yes the bike in good condition, can i ask where you buy spares from in the uk.

cornishwrecker220

Chains , sprockets , bearings , body work ....shouldn't be a problem as E series kdx parts are available either from E bay or any Kawasaki dealership ... I believe the E series ran from 88 to 94 here in the UK ... The only known fault will be worn kips valves ( depending on the general condition of the motor ) .... I've seen stainless steel ones on E bay UK going for £100.... Run the bike on a quality 2 stroke oil suitable for oil injection systems... Rock oil is great .
jhogg7575

Post by jhogg7575 »

I never thought about different oil for the auto lube i was going to use the castro r that i premix for my sons bike

cornishwrecker220

Castrol R. Is castor based racing oil for hi revving engines , not only will it gum up the kdx motor but it doesn't mix with other oils & needs regular engine strip downs, it does smell nice tho ! ....rock oil injector oil or even silkolene will be a far better choice .
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net. :partyman:

The bike looks nice! Most E, F and G model parts are the same, just be sure to look on the parts diagram for your "G" model.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Welcome! Just an observation, is that odometer cable routed corredtly? Seems it should go inside the fork leg.
jhogg7575

Post by jhogg7575 »

So find oil for injection system, clocks and lights are now off, brake hose is also on the outside of fork leg [emoji21], if i wanted to go premix can i just block off injector hoses and disconnect throttle cable at pump this way i can put everthing back together if i sell on.

cornishwrecker220

If you choose to run pre-mix you will have to go up a few sizes on the pilot jet & main jet to compensate for the additional oil in with the fuel mix ....
Like the old saying goes.... If it ain't broke :grin:
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

So, I would look into rerouting the brake hose as well.
jstcraig
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jstcraig »

G’day Jhogg7575 from Oz
Welcome to the forum.
Nice looking Sr you have there I look forward to your posts and questions as we are treading the same water although you seem to have very little cosmetic issues. I like the black on green look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by jstcraig on 06:58 am May 13 2018, edited 1 time in total.
jhogg7575

Post by jhogg7575 »

All done by previous owner, i have been going over bike before tomorrow to make sure everthings ok, put a clear hose on oil injection system then bled thru to make sure it was ok. Next on the list is graphics don't know to go old school or try and match the boys bike. Will give the bike a full strip and rebuild over winter.

jstcraig
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jstcraig »

jhogg7575 wrote:All done by previous owner, i have been going over bike before tomorrow to make sure everthings ok, put a clear hose on oil injection system then bled thru to make sure it was ok. Next on the list is graphics don't know to go old school or try and match the boys bike. Will give the bike a full strip and rebuild over winter.

You mentioned replacing with clear hose, which hoses did you replace and what sort of clear hose did you use if I can ask please.

jhogg7575

Post by jhogg7575 »

Just used normal windscreen washer hose between output of pump and intake of intake boot (will monitor hose to see how long it lasts) i then removed the spark plug and kicked over engine at full throttle (fuel off) untill it bled thru.ImageImage

jhogg7575

Post by jhogg7575 »

I removed the bleed screw to allow the oil into the pump you can see it in the pic untill the oil was flowing the out then bled out as aboveImage

jstcraig
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by jstcraig »

jhogg7575 wrote:I removed the bleed screw to allow the oil into the pump you can see it in the pic untill the oil was flowing the out then bled out as aboveImage

To easy, I hope to use 5 or 6mm OD opaque fuel hose although might be small judging by your pic, thank’s for the tutorial, lucky you mentioned this or it could have been tragic.

cornishwrecker220

Just a small note....

If I were you I'd place some clips on the oil feed pipe where it joins the brass knuckles ...this will ensure the oil pipe is a nice tight fit & won't allow any air in should the pipe harden over time .... The type of clips like the ones used on the carb overflow/breather pipe should be fine.