Hello from Oxford, England

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
EPalmer
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by EPalmer »

Hi guys,

Just a quick hello from me, I've recently purchased a 91 KDX200, she's a tad doggy but I've started changing a few parts here and there. Unfortunately I've just worked out that its the SR model. So now I'm going to source a 35 carb and the other mods required to make her as powerful as the R!

Very helpful forum!

Cheers,

Ed
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hello from Oxford, England

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net. :partyman:

Good luck on the work.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Hello fellow UKDXer & welcome !
You can convert your SR to a full blown R but it's not that straight forward especially living here in the UK as parts are getting limited now ...best bet is to get it running & enjoy ... Pass it on & buy the R version & save yourself the trouble .
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome aboard. And congrats on the bike. Now the hard part starts...where you try to keep money in your wallet lol.
ScruffyDroid
Supporting Member

Post by ScruffyDroid »

EPalmer wrote:Hi guys,

Just a quick hello from me, I've recently purchased a 91 KDX200, she's a tad doggy but I've started changing a few parts here and there. Unfortunately I've just worked out that its the SR model. So now I'm going to source a 35 carb and the other mods required to make her as powerful as the R!

Very helpful forum!

Cheers,

Ed
Welcome from Camberley... Not that far!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
EPalmer
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by EPalmer »

cornishwrecker220 wrote:Hello fellow UKDXer & welcome !
You can convert your SR to a full blown R but it's not that straight forward especially living here in the UK as parts are getting limited now ...best bet is to get it running & enjoy ... Pass it on & buy the R version & save yourself the trouble .
I think I'm just going to change the carb to a 35mm and a few little tweaks to the power. Love the bike though, took her out Sunday on an enduro
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

You will need to change the reed block & boot to fit the 35mm carb , also the air box boot too as these differ to that from the R ...
Have you sourced a 35mm carb yet as these are like rocking horse poo to get over here .

Also you may need to block off the oil injection too as not sure if the feed pipe is linked to the OE carb ?
Last edited by cornishwrecker220 on 05:21 am Mar 21 2018, edited 1 time in total.
ScruffyDroid
Supporting Member

Post by ScruffyDroid »

EPalmer wrote:
I think I'm just going to change the carb to a 35mm and a few little tweaks to the power. Love the bike though, took her out Sunday on an enduro
I have a spare Frame with mounted swingarm, triple trees, forks, spoked wheels, headlamp and side cover plastics, extra headlamp.... Open to reasonable offers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
EPalmer
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by EPalmer »

ScruffyDroid wrote:
EPalmer wrote:
I have a spare Frame with mounted swingarm, triple trees, forks, spoked wheels, headlamp and side cover plastics, extra headlamp.... Open to reasonable offers.

Hi mate whats your email address or number? I'm very interested!
ScruffyDroid
Supporting Member

Post by ScruffyDroid »

EPalmer wrote:
ScruffyDroid wrote:
EPalmer wrote:

Hi mate whats your email address or number? I'm very interested!
PM sent

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
EPalmer
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by EPalmer »

r & welcome !
You can convert your SR to a full blown R but it's not that straight forward especially living here in the UK as parts are getting limited now ...best bet is to get it running & enjoy ... Pass it on & buy the R version & save yourself the trouble .[/quote]

I think I'm just going to change the carb to a 35mm and a few little tweaks to the power. Love the bike though, took her out Sunday on an enduro[/quote]I have a spare Frame with mounted swingarm, triple trees, forks, spoked wheels, headlamp and side cover plastics, extra headlamp.... Open to reasonable offers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk[/quote]

Hi mate whats your email address or number? I'm very interested![/quote]PM sent

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Hi mate I can't see my messages at the moment? Says I'm not authorised. Guess it's because I've only just donated?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

It might take a couple of days for Julien D to see it and get it processed. They are all done manually by him.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128