Kdx200 Kickstart issue

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Thekdxkid83

Kdx200 Kickstart issue

Post by Thekdxkid83 »

So my buddy has a 1993 Kawasaki KDX 200 and every once in a while the kicker skips And I’m also looking into buying a 2001 KDX 220 that Is in immaculate condition the only thing is it has the same problem is the Skipping kick starter a dealbreaker should I pass up on the bike or is it an easy fix any info would be helpful thank you
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Kdx200 Kickstart issue

Post by bufftester »

Easy fix, common issue on the KDX. Several threads on here about how to fix it. Involves taking off the inner clutch cover, so you would need a new gasket and oil in addition to the parts. You can start HERE to read about it or search kickstarter slips from the forum search.
Chilly

Kdx200 Kickstart issue

Post by Chilly »

Very simple fix. I just finished mine up. Your going to look at the gear inside and see nothing wrong with it but do yourself a favor and buy the gear anyways. I replaced the spring and gear and my issue went away. Order the online service Manuel if you have not did so yet. It tells you step by step what to do and gives you all the torque specs and tools needed. Hope this helps good luck