Hello from Devon , England

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Richie55912

Post by Richie55912 »

Hi guys,

Just bought a Insurance write-off 1994 Kdx220SR. None runner at the moment due to all the ignition wires being cut!!! Only had 18 previous owners according to the V5. Looking at the overall condition of it i would say that at least 17 of them have done a good job bodging it up :cry:
Looking forward to some helpful advice on the way to restoring it.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hello from Devon , England

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums.

WOW! on so many previous owners and their craftsmanship.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Welcome fellow UK rider !

What part of Devon are you from?

We didn't get many road registered kdx's here in the UK & the SR was mostly Europe or further afield , some parts are interchangeable with the more enduro versions but some parts are specific to the SR only so be careful when ordering parts, although your SR is 1994 I'm guessing on a L reg ? we didn't actually get the H model kdx until 1995 onwards which makes them R plated or S reg hope this helps
Richie55912

Re: Hello from Devon , England

Post by Richie55912 »

Hello , i'm in Torbay. Thanks for the info , i'm slowly gathering bits of information about the bike. It is on L reg.
Just trying to source an ignition barrel from Japan at the moment. I,m guessing its been Hot-wired (badly) and blownd the CDI unit :cry: