New Member in Denver

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
TheWhatNow?

New Member in Denver

Post by TheWhatNow? »

Hello All:
First intro post from a new(ish) KDX owner.

I have been an occasional dirt bike rider since a teen, but nothing for the last 15 years. (Now "middle aged".) My real two-wheeled experience is 30+ years of BMX racing. I picked up a 2000 KDX200 in good appearance over last winter: almost completely stock. No service history, so I replaced the (original "B") piston with Wiseco. Cylinder was kinda scary looking including a decent gouge, but Mr. Fredette told me some came that way from the factory, and to just reassemble and go! Which I did.

I live in southern Denver, so the fantastic Rampart Range area is 35 minutes away. I now have 10 hours on the top end, including both Spring and Fall Rampart Poker Runs. My engine has just developed a troubling mechanical knock. I'll be posting separately about that, probably in the H-model forum (or General Q&A)?

Otherwise, it looks like you have a fantastic community here!
Jay
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New Member in Denver

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums! :partyman:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums. Hopefully we can help you square away your issues quickly (and cheaply)!
TheWhatNow?

Post by TheWhatNow? »

Thanks! Yes, cheaply. There is always that nagging worry (I suppose when you are not a professional mechanic) when you doubt either your ability to correctly diagnose a problem, or to correctly fix the problem without causing more trouble. That is kind of where I am. Fingers crossed.