My name is canyncarvr....

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

My name is canyncarvr....

Post by canyncarvr »

More often called a$$..... by anyone that knows me much. You can call me anything you like!

Started DRNing when I got my '00 KDX. Learned a lot there. What made that site different (imo) from others was it actually had some meaningful information on it! Most forums consist of posters with obvious phallic issues trying to prove themselfs cooler than anyone else. Most others @ DRN that I've looked at are a complete waste of time with posters of Hi Regard (the royalty of the board) thinking they are sharing their humor with the masses.

It's come to be more a waste of time than anything else. What is the point of trying to resolve some rider's quandry: 'Which bike should I buy? A KDX200 or a KX500?'

While the KDX is largely considered an entry level bike...and quite a few riders-green change colors after a year or two, it's still a good bike. Yeah...it might take some 'fixing' to get it up to speed (whatever speed you wanna), but it's also NOT a $6000 machine!!

It suits me, so I still ride it. I haven't gone from green to orange to red like my original riding buddy. It's a darn good woods bike....and that's where I ride...indawoods!! ;)

***edit***
BTW...My bike: '00 200.
12/47 final drive
-30 FMF (rev) and PC S/A
DeltaForce III reed cage
MX-tech fork valves/XR400 .40 springs
**edit** KX'd fall of '05. Sprung to .40 again. Valved by Pro Pilot (before I got the forks). Great improvement!! Rebound is GOOD!**
House of Horsepower revalved shock 5.0 spring (stock)**edit**Revalved again by HoH based on things he'd learned. More better, even. Shock follows very well!**
RB-Designs modified 4-vent air striker carb..40/152/DEK-4/#7TV (06-05)
RB-Designs modified cylinder head
FRP ported, bored, replated to 'B' spec cylinder..Pro-X piston **edit** Never did get rid of the spoo. Took that cylinder off and replaced it with an unported 'B'. Found evidence of considerable blow-by on the pin axis, otherwise the rings were perfect. Consensus is the bore was out of round from USChrome. Haven't ridden tighter single track yet (closed..fire season) but I have a hunch the OEM cylinder is working quite a bit better than the ported cylinder..keep in mind the out of round part. **
Steahly FWW
Electrex light coil
Motion Pro fork bleeders (a big deal!)
FRP kicker
Works rad braces and skidder
Grip heat (Oh yeah!!)
Twin-light UFO
Probably some other things I don't recall at the moment......
WER (a bent WER after my last head-on ;) )**edit**straightened out with a piece-a-wood and a 2 1/2# sledge. No, I didn't bother taking it off the bike...just pounded (a technical term) on it.

Last edit 10/06.
Last edited by canyncarvr on 11:23 pm Oct 18 2006, edited 5 times in total.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Hey you guys look familiar :o
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Mr. Wibbens wrote:Hey you guys look familiar :o
HA! Look who showed up! Welcome aboard!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Sorry Wib... I did a little splittin' of topics... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I got moderated already? :cry:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Just moved to the "Computer Issues" area! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
eldrm

Post by eldrm »

soooooo,this is where everyone went,glad i was able to find you guys!
95 kdx 200 with stuff.......
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

:supz:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome aboard!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128