Hello from Arizona

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
brademan76

Hello from Arizona

Post by brademan76 »

Hello,
Just picked up a 93 KDX200 'E' looking into the sticky post that talks about maintenance to do right away.

I'm not planning to use the bike on the track, moreso on trails and 4x4 roads that my truck can't get along to get deeper into hunting and hiking areas. Considering the application I'd like to quiet the bike down, so anything you can advise to help there would be much appreciated. Also considering potentially super rough terrain, and that I'll be weighing the bike down with my 210# frame and sometimes a pretty heavy backpack (app 50lbs) so any suspension guidance vs how the bike sits now would be appreciated.

Any threads you can point me to, thanks! I'll be using the search button a lot. I've never owned a dirt/trail bike, so lots of learning for me.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by brademan76 on 11:46 am Sep 01 2017, edited 1 time in total.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post by bufftester »

Congrats on the new bike.

As to making it quiet, repacking the silencer will get you as quiet as you're going to be on a 2 stroke. You're never going to sneak up on any game or hikers (unless you're pushing it lol)
#1 priority after getting it mechanically sound is proper suspension set up. Stock the springs are unbalance front to rear. Get the proper wieght springs in for your planned riding weight and you'll be fine.
A good skid plate is recommended, as well as a pipe guard and brush guards. Lots of options out there to choose from.

Welcome to the forums!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. I would read up on the various threads on spring rates. You will definitely need stiffer than stock spring rates.

You might want to look into repacking the spark arrestor / silencer, plus maybe some exhaust wrap on the exhaust pipe.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
brademan76

Hello from Arizona

Post by brademan76 »

Dang there is a fine crack in the bottom of the gas tank - about a half inch long right next to the petcock. Best method to repair?