kdx200sr

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
robbeewood

kdx200sr

Post by robbeewood »

hi guys, from sunny dorset uk. wish id researched on here prior to purchase my mid life crisis i guess, i've paid ...resonable money for what im begging someone to tell me isnt a huge mistake , its tidy and up together, well,in my very naieve world. can someone please advise, i,ve committed to it just going to stick it in back of shed.... thanks any advice please
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: kdx200sr

Post by Tyl3r »

Welcome to the forum!

Its hard to give advice when we don't have any info. What did you pay? What year is it? Got any photos? Any issues with it? Without knowing much, I'm going to say that you didn't make a mistake. KDX's are awesome bikes! You say you haev an SR model, which is even better, we don't have those ones over in the states.
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
robbeewood

Post by robbeewood »

thanks for reply,its a 92 , 9000k kilometers on clock which is only 4000miles so that seemed ok , used to have kmx's years ago and always fancied a kdx, i didnt quite realise the maintenace involved, but thats not my worse fear, it seems the sr hasdone a slightly different piston, that looks like its no longer produced , bit of a worry for the future. i did read someone used a 200r one, ive paid in full 2.5k pounds , even worse , i'll stick some pics up when i've collected it . in over my head with this , thank goodness for forums and interweb, not sure they actually came here, its an import, but it does have an mot, thats the check to make sure its road worthy. It's an annual inspection , thanks, i've a terrible feeling iv'e got carried away and dropped a huge one. cheers Robbie
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Time heals all wounds. Cash heals all dirt bikes. Post pics when you can. You will have to host somewhere else and link from here.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
david

Post by david »

WOW! Nearly $3000 for a 25 yr old, plated, dirt bike....yeah I would say you jumped before you looked. Well, it's only money, right? Good luck.
'81 KDX 175
'90 KDX 200
'07 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT (totaled 4/25/15)
'82 Honda GL500 (sold)
'96 ZXi 1100 JetSki
'98 STX 1100 JetSki
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Prices are different in the UK.
robbeewood

Post by robbeewood »

yep, its a boob, thanks for frankness, i can find them on ebay half that, but alot of very tired looking stuff. lessons learned . ohhhh poo , thanks people
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Post some pics when you get it and let's get started on getting you to riding. :bravo:
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Jason wrote:Post some pics when you get it and let's get started on getting you to riding. :bravo:
I second that!! :partyman: :partyman:
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

You are starting out spending more than you wanted. Several on here have ended up spending more than they thought they would. About all enjoy riding the KDX, though. :boogie:
cornishwrecker220

kdx200sr

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Hi Rob & welcome to the site ...

Prices for kdx's here in the UK can vary depending on the model & year. & from dealer or private sale.
If your SR is clean & tidy & has seen little 'off road ' action then the price you paid may be reasonable given the SR is more road friendly...eg indicators , separate oil tank , battery , ignition key etc etc.
Also if it's nice & clean it may be best to keep it that way for any future sale.... The new Learner laws here in the UK state new riders from the age of 17-25 are restricted to ride a motorcycle with no more power than 47bhp .... so a clean & tidy KDX 200 may be appealing to a 20 something guy or girl who fancies something fun :grin: !

I look forward to seeing a pic of your KDX.
robbeewood

Post by robbeewood »

ohhh brilliant,thanks still not picked it up and the logbooks already arived, i'll pop up some pics soon as it arrives. its a fresh import pretty tidy in my opinion
cornishwrecker220

kdx200sr

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

There's a tidy 1991 "H" kdx 200 on eBay for £2700.....with USD forks...

If you require any plastics & other consumables then check out MD racing in Yeovil , they are stockists for UFO plastics :grin: