New Member! kdx 220 wont stay in gear

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
kdx220-R 2000

Post by kdx220-R 2000 »

Hi everyone!

First let me tell you that this forum is already very helpfull in a lot of way..
English is not my first language so bear with me if my use of word are not always correct :oops:

Here's my problem..
I just bought a 2000 KDX 220 yesterday.
I have made like 3 run with it totaling maybe 2hour of riding. Everything from clutch to gear shifting to braking was spot on.. Then.. When loading the bike in
my friend pickup it fell in the grass on it's left side.. Not a big deal i tought so picked it right up
and loaded it in the pickup.
Next Ride.. First Gear did not enter right on, had to stump on it maybe 3 time.. then it was kind of ok.. Second gear third fourth fifth sixth .. Then i had some difficulty downshifting it trough to first.. So i turned around and get myself back home(Again with some hard shifting)
So after some reading i started to open the right side cover to check if the neutral spring was ok.. But not having an impact at hand i am not able to unscrew the 21mm Bolt in the center of the clutch? but opening it, still gave me a look at something i wanted you guys to look at.

Ahhhhh i dont know how to insert an image of it!!
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New Member! kdx 220 wont stay in gear

Post by bufftester »

Falling on the left shouldn't have caused issues with your shifting unless it somehow struck something spot on the shifter and moved the shaft or bent the lever oddly, kind of sounds more like this was something that may have happened about the same time. YOu have to use a third party site to host the pictures or donate and get access to the galleries.
kdx220-R 2000

Post by kdx220-R 2000 »

Thanks for the heads up on that. I will donate. And post some picture of my clutch
david

Post by david »

I use Taptalk on my phone for pics as it is super easy to attach them from your phone to your post. And you can make your post from your desk top, then go back in with your phone and edit the post to add pictures if you need to.
'81 KDX 175
'90 KDX 200
'07 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT (totaled 4/25/15)
'82 Honda GL500 (sold)
'96 ZXi 1100 JetSki
'98 STX 1100 JetSki
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Yeah, we still support tapatalk.

Like buffester, I can't see how dropping it could affect the shifting action unless it's with the shift lever itself. Also, you don't need to remove the clutch basket to get a view of the RH side of the shift mechanism. Just pull the inner RH engine cover. The clutch and that big nut can stay.
jjavaman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jjavaman »

So I'm having the opposite problem, tipped over on the left side and now stuck in 2nd gear. I've pulled the right side case and all I can see is the clutch and that big nut?
When I pulled the clutch cover I noticed that the pushrod for the clutch was pointing down a bit instead of being centered in the bearing?
97-220 with a PC pipe. 2015- RB carb and head mod