Another new member

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Kamikaze_zero

Another new member

Post by Kamikaze_zero »

Hi guys,
I'm from Brasil (or BraZil in english).
I'm searching a titled bike here in my country to use as a daily ride.
In fact I've found yet two bikes:
- an "E" series
- and a "H" series (that is more expensive)

As I see the "E" here has upside down forks :twisted: but the "H" has a really pretty perimetral frame. :boogie:
Does any of them has any more pros/cons that makes one better than the other one?

As my primary intention is to turn It from an enduro bike to a street legal bike with indicators and stuff I know that I would have to read a lot here and also ask a lot of questions to do everything how It really should be.

Also if any of you guys knew any topic that could help me I would be really grateful.

Sorry for the poor/shitty english and greetings from Brazil,
Kamikaze_Zero
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Another new member

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. :bravo:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
sthutch
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by sthutch »

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sthutch

1st Bike: '72 Arctic Cat Whisker (rode it to the wheels fell off)
2nd Bike: '76 KT250 Trials (gone, but not forgotten)
3rd Bike: '01 KDX200
4th Bike: '96 DS80 (okay, my 9yr old's and it's gone)
5th Bike: '04 RM65 (okay, he's now 10 and it's gone)
6th Bike: '08 KTM 105xc (okay, he's now 13)
7th Bike: '06 KTM 200xc-w (okay, he's now 16)
cjrincon03
Supporting Member

Post by cjrincon03 »

Welcome to the forum ! I have no experience with the e series , but Ive enjoyed my time on the H series ! Have you made a decision or purchase yet ?
95 KDX
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Welcome to KDXRIDER! Both are fantastic bikes. The H series bikes were made a lot longer, 1995-2006 vs 1989-1994 for the E bikes, and so they are considerably easier to source parts for. The E series bikes have some very desirable engine characteristics, and are quite comfortable to ride. They are also quite reliable when in good condition and properly maintained. Some E series parts have definitely been discontinued, so some creativity and used part shopping may be necessary when owning one. Pretty much every part for the H bike is still easily available at OEM retail, at least over here. Whichever you like better should prove a good machine, but for longevity I would probably go with the H series bike if it were me.
Kamikaze_zero

Post by Kamikaze_zero »

Thank you guys.

cjrincon03
I didn't buy them yet cuz the "H" series seller said that the clutch case has been welded (I don't asked yet if if the "inner" case that goes in the middle or if it's the more external one), need new brake rotors and also I'm gonna have to search around the country for the previous owner to grab the documents with him (that the seller don't have contact anymore) and turn it street legal how it should be in the DETRAN here (that is almost the same thing of the DMV in USA for example).

In resume: More expensive, a lot of job to do the documentation (legally as it should be) to turn it street legal and probably needing some parts to be trustworthy/reliable. So I'm almost giving up on this one. :sad: :cry:

Unafortunately we just could make a KDX street legal here in Brazil if its been produced until the year od 2002 (the year of the idiots here definitely banned the two strokes) and the guys here doesn't used to plate the bike in that epoch so it's a rare bike cuz it must have a document called "RENAVAM" issued in that epoch that nearly 90% of the KDX here don't have. :sad:

the E series seller told me that the bike has:
- Engine rebuilded with original parts
- Pro-X piston letter "A"
- Cylinder with forged sleeve
- New bearings
- Pro taper handlebar
- Original plastics/fairing
- Original headlight
- Iridium spark plug
- Manual and the guarantee seals from the kawasaki
- And also he uses Motul 800
- Updated Documents (so I don't gonna have to search around for the previous owner to make it street legal)

I'm more inclinated to this bike but I could also wait for another "H" bike since I'm not "desperated" or in a dead or alive question to own a KDX :hmm:

Julien D
Thanks for everything you said but when you say "very desirable engine characteristics" is in which scope/ambit?

Also I remember that some local guys here told me some things:
- the stock "H" series engine outperform the stock "E" series;
- the "H" series never had an "SR" version like the "E" series had;
- the "E" series has more reliable power valves;
- the "H" series powervalve reach an area of 25% while the "E" series just open an area of 5%;
- the "H" series doesn't have anything in the frame to put a passenger pedal while the "E" series have.

Could you guys tell me what of this is true and what isn't?

Sorry for the bible I wrote :lol: ,
Thank you guys
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

If you can get any of them with the proper paperwork, I would go for that. Parts are easier to replace than paperwork.

E valves are older and have more time for neglect to damage them.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

"E" bikes are notorious for worn/damaged powervalve gears. They do have more low end grunt and smoother power delivery than the "H" bikes but not as much top end zip. Of course that could be changed with some modding, "H" valves are much better design. both are solid reliable motors. If conventional forks are an issue, a KX500 front end bolts onto both bikes, tons of info on here about this swap