New Member and my first KDX

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
goatrider

New Member and my first KDX

Post by goatrider »

Hello to all. New member and my first KDX. It's a KDX200, 1999 I believe. It looks newer with seat cover, new plastics, graphics, and frame was powder coated silver instead of green. PO installed a KLX 300 front-end and fmf woods setup. Can't ride much due to my housing location, but grew up on two strokes and wanted to go back. Sold my 2005 YZ250f and bought the KDX. No complaints with the YZf, just wanted to go back to a two stroke. My limited riding will be woods and logging trails. I've already posted once, but failed to introduce myself. Glad to find this forum as I will need much advice regarding suspension as I'm growing old. Nice to become a member. Is there a secret to posting photos in the General Q&A forum? Thanks.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New Member and my first KDX

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase. Lots of good info, plenty of opinions, and generally lots of encouragement to be found here. As for pics, have to find a hosting site (i.e.: Imgur, etc,) and post a link. Or better yet, make a donation to keep the site up and you can get image hosting for as little as a one-time $50 payment :grin:
goatrider

Post by goatrider »

Thanks bufftester.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Come on now, the Gallery is a lot cheaper than that. :lol:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
goatrider

Post by goatrider »

Is it $50?
Hey Jason, just noticed you are in AL. I'm in TN. Saban just opened a Mercedes dealership here. Guess he's planning ahead and plans on spending that 80 mil he has already saved!
goatrider

Post by goatrider »

Wow! Does everyone on this site go to sleep at sundown? I'm old too!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I am not sure of the pricing, but posting them to the Gallery, then linking from there is at the lowest level of support, "I think". Uploading it straight from your device / computer is at the higher levels.

I am not the KDX RIDER accountant. :lol: :mrgreen:

I hadn't heard he had a dealership up there. I don't keep up with it too much during the off season. Good luck to the Vols.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
goatrider

Post by goatrider »

Yes, he has built a nice new one in Nashville. Opens in about a week. Vols are ok with me, I don't dislike them. I live down the street from the mighty Dores and I go to some games because it's close and I can see some good SEC games. Bama is on Vandy's rotation this year and will be here. That should be a real nail-biter for Bama fans! LOL.
goatrider

Post by goatrider »

For the record to all, the PO told me that all of his riding buddies on Thumpers called his kdx "the goat". I assume because of the KDX's climbing ability. He therefore named her "the goat". Thus my username. One more thumbs up for the KDX!
sthutch
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by sthutch »

Welcome to the forum! You will find answers to all your KDX questions here, either in previous posts or simply asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sthutch

1st Bike: '72 Arctic Cat Whisker (rode it to the wheels fell off)
2nd Bike: '76 KT250 Trials (gone, but not forgotten)
3rd Bike: '01 KDX200
4th Bike: '96 DS80 (okay, my 9yr old's and it's gone)
5th Bike: '04 RM65 (okay, he's now 10 and it's gone)
6th Bike: '08 KTM 105xc (okay, he's now 13)
7th Bike: '06 KTM 200xc-w (okay, he's now 16)
goatrider

Post by goatrider »

Thanks sthutch. Haven't had a 2 stroke since my 80's cr250 Husky. Love the 2 strokes. That Husky would MX rack and had incredible torque for climbing in woods. Left kick starter sucked though!
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

bufftester wrote:Welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase. Lots of good info, plenty of opinions, and generally lots of encouragement to be found here. As for pics, have to find a hosting site (i.e.: Imgur, etc,) and post a link. Or better yet, make a donation to keep the site up and you can get image hosting for as little as a one-time $50 payment :grin:

wow, prices went up since i joined
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

bufftester wrote:Welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase. Lots of good info, plenty of opinions, and generally lots of encouragement to be found here. As for pics, have to find a hosting site (i.e.: Imgur, etc,) and post a link. Or better yet, make a donation to keep the site up and you can get image hosting for as little as a one-time $50 payment :grin:

newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

diymirage wrote:

Nah, prices have never gone up. Up until a few years ago the site never allowed direct upload of photos from your PC to your post. We first started doing the gallery for ALL supporting members, so you can upload to your gallery, and then use your gallery to insert images into your posts. That is currently available to every member who has donated any amount to the forum. Direct upload from pc to post is newer, and only for gold and above.

http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 01#p144901

More importantly, welcome to KDXRIDER! Glad you found us.