New to KDX in Colorado

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Redhurricane
Supporting Member

New to KDX in Colorado

Post by Redhurricane »

Hello, wanted to introduce myself. I am on a handful of other boards and have owned a variety of things with two wheels. Recently purchased a 2001 KDX220 that I am restoring and giving to a friend in California. Figured I might as well sign up here. Bike was bought as a running unit, for $250. It's rough, needs a fair amount of work to get it right. Once finished the bike will be delivered and kept as a spare bike for visitors so we wanted to get it dialed in and in near new working order. That being said, pivot bearings, chain and sprockets, top end, clutch and throttle cables, bars, grips, etc are all on the way.

Anyone have a spare used pivot link that they would be willing to part with? 39007-1229 is the one I am looking for, otherwise I am going to TIG the oval shock hole and re-bore to use what I have. I'll load pics at a later date.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New to KDX in Colorado

Post by KDXGarage »

Hello, and welcome to the site. Did you post on ThumperTalk, also? I looked on eBay, but saw none available. I was surprised.

You might want to ask some sellers if maybe they have one, but it is not listed just yet.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Redhurricane
Supporting Member

Post by Redhurricane »

I have, been on TT for a decade or more. saw lots of pre 95 links on ebay, but nothing that looked right. New part is $131, looking to put that money elsewhere on the bike before I give it to my friend. Worst case we will TIG and machine back. Poor bike was really neglected, had to cut the swingarm bolt to get the sleeves out of it. Might try to find an oem tail bag if I can. I have factory owners manuals that came with it and a CD rom service manual on the way that I will load on my home server.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Redhurricane wrote:I have, been on TT for a decade or more. saw lots of pre 95 links on ebay, but nothing that looked right. New part is $131, looking to put that money elsewhere on the bike before I give it to my friend. Worst case we will TIG and machine back. Poor bike was really neglected, had to cut the swingarm bolt to get the sleeves out of it. Might try to find an oem tail bag if I can. I have factory owners manuals that came with it and a CD rom service manual on the way that I will load on my home server.
Please don't offer any illegal manuals on this site. The site wants no part of it.
Redhurricane
Supporting Member

Post by Redhurricane »

I am not, nor did I imply that I would offer the product that I purchased to anyone. I have manuals for a handful of other machines, and they are my property.
kdxron

Post by kdxron »

Jason wrote:
Redhurricane wrote:I have, been on TT for a decade or more. saw lots of pre 95 links on ebay, but nothing that looked right. New part is $131, looking to put that money elsewhere on the bike before I give it to my friend. Worst case we will TIG and machine back. Poor bike was really neglected, had to cut the swingarm bolt to get the sleeves out of it. Might try to find an oem tail bag if I can. I have factory owners manuals that came with it and a CD rom service manual on the way that I will load on my home server.
Please don't offer any illegal manuals on this site. The site wants no part of it.

He never said he was going to offer anything. :snooty:
kdxron

Post by kdxron »

I have an OEM tail bag if needed. Let me know.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Redhurricane wrote:I have factory owners manuals that came with it and a CD rom service manual on the way that I will load on my home server.
The CD-ROMS are illegally copied, copyright infringing items. He mentioned he is going to load it on his home server. He didn't just say I bought an illegal CD. :razz:

Again, this site wants no part of it. :naughty: