Out in the wilderness with my KDX

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
kinganu
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kinganu »

I live far out in the wilderness. The nearest human is 12 miles away. There are no stickers, licenses, fees, signs or rules where I ride. It is the last of the free riding places left. I can go 50 miles in three directions before I encounter any signs of un-civilisation. My motto is that I don't stop for anything especially any official looking vehicles that I might blow by. I grew up riding in the forest long before they started making up all kinds of fees and rules. I refuse to pay to ride where it is my right to ride.
Nothing can catch me when I'm on my KDX as it is like riding on the back of a deer or an antelope.
I remember when I got my first brand new KDX back in 1992. I had always ridden a Suzuki 185 for the many years before the KDX......I now refer to that bike as an ass hammer. I came around a corner where this log had been laying across the road for years......with my old ass hammer Suzuki I always slowed down and gently bumped over it.........But that day on my new KDX I was having so much fun I forgot about that log being there......as I came around that corner and seen the forgotten log I braced for impact....bumped the clutch to lighten the front end.....and there was no impact.....I was amazed at how that suspension just ate up that old log........if I would have hit that log with my old ass hammer Suzuki going that fast it would have been probably disastrous.......at that moment it started a true love affair with the KDX and I have been an addict every since.
Most of you guys on this wonderful website would call me an old timer as I'm 58 years old........but I'll keep up with the best of you as I been on dirt bikes since the dinosaurs were here......To me the whole game is about not crashing. I have had friends that were balls to the wall fast riders........way faster than me......but I always knew I would beat them because they would always crash. Ego has gotten more riders messed up than I can remember. Don't ever let your ego make you crash.......ok.....have fun all you KDX riders....and don't stop for anything!
Keystone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Out in the wilderness with my KDX

Post by Keystone »

I love how the KDX suspension is so soft and plush, just soaks up everything so well without bottoming out. Its a woods bike with woods bike suspension and woods bike engine. You could go faster with a KX engine and suspension if your in a hurry, but then you wouldn't have one of the best woods bikes ever built!
1990 KDX200 with 1993 KDX200 front USD suspension
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Great posts, both of you!

Great looking bike, Keystone
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
kinganu
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kinganu »

Nice pic.....nice ride.....wish I could figure out how to upload pics here.......I love lookin at pics of other riders and thier rides and the places they ride.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Photobucket to host and link to from here, or...

I think (not 100% sure) if you are supporting meber level I, you can use the Gallery. No ads equals not much money to have a big site to hold a ton of pics.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jason wrote:Photobucket to host and link to from here, or...
Not anymore. Haven't you heard what Photobucket did? :mad:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

No, but I saw something on a thread that said upgrade your account for third parry support or something like that.

What have they done?

Is it a secret plot to get more supporting members for this site? LOL!
Vossman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Vossman »

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/3 ... party_pgs/

I used to like PB, just can't do $400. Sheesh.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Someone on here in another thread said you could click through the links and another said it was $3.99 per month or $3, something like that.

Vossman, since you are a supporting member, you can use the Gallery here to host your pictures on this site, for threads here.