Basket case KDX on Christmas Island

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
MaverickAus
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Basket case KDX on Christmas Island

Post by MaverickAus »

Jason wrote:Yours is a "J" also"?

Is that a steering lock on the left of the head tube?
LHS has a steering lock

RHS has an ignition switch

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Ignition switch, what the hell?!

USA KDX models do not have passenger pegs, steering lock, igntiion switch, info plate (just a sticker on the head tube by the VIN), swingarm has kickstand mount area, not frame, CDI is not like that, rectifier is not like that, flywheel is not like that, stator plate is not like that, wiring harness is different

THANK YOU for the education and pictures on the "J" model! :prayer: :supz:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Man, this is a cool thread haha never saw this stuff! Totally different rotor/stator setup. I wonder what the output on that one is? Just looking at the diagram, it looks like it could hold a lot more wire than the ones I'm used to seeing. Does it put out more than the H models? How much you think you can get out of it with a good rewind? :hmm:

That ignition switch and steering lock!? Awesome! Wish I could have those. After seeing those passenger pegs, I think I can i make those happen on the dual sport. Thanks for the idea! On the LHS side, it looks like it has a little shroud or something for the wires to come up thru in front of the tank, near the stem (55020 http://www.kawasakionlineparts.com.au/p ... #component I think I need it... drill and tap the frame for it)
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
darkfibre

Post by darkfibre »

Jason wrote:http://www.kawasakionlineparts.com.au/p ... #component

Anyone want to see the Australia parts diagrams, there they are. Click around to look at various ones. That one is for the "SURE AS HECK not an H" stator plate.
For sale, one new KDX200 ignition stator.

The reason I ordered the stator was simple. The previous owner had ignition problems, sent the CDI off island to be tested, and it was lost in transit.

Took me months to find a replacement (I have actually half built my own unit) and knowing the mechanic that diagnosed it (I am also a mechanic) I decided to get a stator as part of the freshen up of the motor.

I wish I had found that parts list!
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Manufactured jan 1999 & J model ?

I notice from the pics that the bike also has key ignition too & rectifier ..
Again I thought only the SR has these ...i never knew Kawasaki made a J model but clearly they did .

Engine numbers can be found on the L/H side of the motor below the gear lever & under the engine .
MaverickAus
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by MaverickAus »

:lol: no wonder I couldn't find it, was looking around the top of the motor casing
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

It's a shame Kawasaki didn't continue with this model instead of the Usual H series SR as I'd expect it would of been a greater seller given its spec compared to the smaller carbed version ...

Perhaps it should be included somewhere on this site along with the better known variants of the kdx ?