Brand new second hand uk kdx

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
MotoLoco

Post by MotoLoco »

Yo, thought I'd say hello.
First legit road bike was a Kawasaki ar50, not so legit with 80 kit but that's another story. I lusted after a key 200back then after picking up the Boucher in my local main dealer Boyer Racing in Plumstead. 21 years later I've got one :grin:
Picked up a clean 96 200 a few weeks back as a all round off roader and dead pleased with it.
Made a few improvements and more planned when funds permit. Lots of off road miles put on it all ready, raced it two days after purchase and another one at the end of the month.
It was pretty mint but now gets used properly and as such is gaining scuffs but bikes should be used in my book.
Will add pics when I've Sussed out how. Not to clever with tech haha
MotoLoco

Post by MotoLoco »

Picked it up the nigjt before this pic was taken fitted some proper knobblies then chucked it into a pond in Essex haha
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Brand new second hand uk kdx

Post by doakley »

Nice looking bike. I'd replace those stock hand guards with some bark busters before you break something, your hands or some levers.
MotoLoco

Post by MotoLoco »

Thanks.

[imgImage[/IMG]
Great minds ; )
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Hello & welcome....

Nice clean kdx you have there....we didn't get many of the H series 200s over here, quite rare with the purple tank & shrouds !
If you search Kent,Surrey or Essex TRF you should be able to join up on a few rides with them :grin:
MotoLoco

Post by MotoLoco »

Many thanks. Bought it of a geezer who imported it from France, is still running the French plate at the mo. Have replaced the purple rad shrouds as didnt want to mess them up or the graffix. Might hang them on the wall haha
cornishwrecker220

Definitely save the original shrouds & graphics as if you ever decide to restore, or sell the bike then they will certainly come in handy in the future.
MotoLoco

Post by MotoLoco »

[imgImage[/IMG]
Looks a lot better with the purple panel fo sure but id be upset if/when i wreck them. Bag on back has to go! Lost tools already after zip broke, did have a purple kawasaki one years back but gave it away. Sure is life hey.
cornishwrecker220

There's a chap on eBay who makes & sells tool bags ...

I bought one a while ago ....its made to order & you can choose the size & colour you want ...even has the Kawasaki name on the back :grin:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Nice looking KDX!

I like the purple frame guards. I can't remember seeing them often at all.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
MotoLoco

Post by MotoLoco »

Cheers and thanks for the welcome. Might have to chase up the mate who i gave the old tool bag to as havent seen it on his bike. After trying to source some hevier springs ive gone down the home brew route and modded some old cr250 ones to fit today. Out monday and tuesday so time to test before racing sunday week.
First impressions boucing it up and down in the workshop are good :grin:
Not seen the purple frame guards before, they are unbranded and have ali ones underneath for when they wear through haha
Aim to keep it tidy but have owned enough bikes to know what happens when they get used...
It aint gonna be no show pony ; )
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Sweet bike! Your going to love it. If you ever do want to sell the purple shrouds please let me know. I've been searching high and low for a pair. Thanks. Enjoy!
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200