new from Mass

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
knottyrope

new from Mass

Post by knottyrope »

Owned a KDX since 91 and bought a 97 220 for the extra omf on the trails and hill climbing

Ex wife didn't like me riding and my 12 year old son wants to ride my 200 and he is almost tall enough to now

Does anyone make their own alcohol free gas by adding water into it, draining off the bottom layer and using only the top layer of fuel?
IceCold4x4

Re: new from Mass

Post by IceCold4x4 »

Never heard of that... But I've found if ya make sure you ride them often the alcohol doesn't really do much...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
1997 KDX 200 - FMF pipe and silencer and I have no clue what else yet.
2000 ZRX1100 - 1109 big bore, ZX11 carbs / cams/ double valve springs / igntion box / Kerker exhaust. It's Mad Max black and fast but rarely clean
2006 Volvo XC90 V8 - The toy hauler and sleeper. 300hp and AWD in a soccer mom SUV.
patreilly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by patreilly »

"Washing" gas is possible. The octane level will be different. I'm not sure how much. You might be able to find alcohol free gas at an airport near you. I get mine at either our airport, or am lucky enough that there is alcohol free gas at one station a few miles away. As Icecold said if it doesn't sit around long, the alcohol gas will work fine. Just make sure to get a high enough octane.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums. Never really worried about the ethanol, these bikes will run on it no problem as long as you jet it properly and don't let the fuel sit for months on end in the tank. I run mine on the regular unleaded (lowest octane) and have no issues.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums.

See if you can find a small engine repair place. They may know of a source for ethanol free gasoline.

Read up on stabilizers.

You may want to try to drain the tank and bowl after riding if it is going to be a while before you ride again.

Metal can storage is better than plastic.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
knottyrope

Post by knottyrope »

never used stabilizer or any additives, none have worked for me except seafoam for a dirty carb

I shut off fuel and leave it running till it dies, been working fine this way since I bought it new on both bikes