Checking in for Team Green from Milwaukee!!

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
hrchins

Checking in for Team Green from Milwaukee!!

Post by hrchins »

Whats up everyone!? New guy here from Milwaukee WI. Just picked up my first motorcycle. A plated 2004 kdx200! I've been casually riding trails on my buddies xr250 for a few years but needed to get something for myself... And I've always been about that Kawi life at heart. So after numerous hours of research and craigslist browsing I found an H10 just north of Chicago that was plated. On the outside it is a bit scratched up but everything mechanically I've seen so far has been in pretty nice shape. Guy thought he was the second owner and seemed like he took pretty good care of it and did all the maintenance himself. Of course there's now way of telling how many hours have been put on it but everything seems tight like a tiger. Only aftermarket mods appear to be the battery, blinkers, horn, and taillight and maybe some different bars. No mirrors, hi/lo headlight, ignition key, pretty sure these tires aren't DOT approved and no speedo either... Its actually a minor miracle that this thing passed as street legal.

Much to my pleasure (and surprise), I had no problems registering the bike as a street legal motorcycle at the local DMV. So the plan is to commute to work whenever possible, some fartin around town whenever I can, and some trail blasting over the weekends. My family has land up in Crivitz with ATV trails that I can hopefully, probably ride on. If not they have about 30 acres with semi decent trails for their plethora of Polaris Sportsmans and RZRs. They will probably hate me for tearing up the trails but oh well. I'm also close to Dyracuse which is all sand trails and Bong recreation park. Yes it's named Bong. There also seems to be lots of privatd clubs with land but I don't know too much on them yet. Also love going to Michigan at least once a year to take the 4Runner to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes and I also hear that MI has an amazing trail system that I'll certainly be checking out.

So my first addition is looking like it'll be a speedometer. Looking at the trail tech endurance but also interested in the analog ones. I just kinda like them but the problem is that there are so many out there and I haven't found any solid suggestions on the forum yet. Anybody running an analog speedo they would recommend? Also, does anyone have a rear fender bag they want to sell me? Plenty of other noob questions but I'll start with those.

Anyway, I've been lurking around the threads for the past couple weeks but I'm looking forward to being part of the community and asking tons or questions that have already been answered and bringing super old threads back to life! Ha, just kidding... but probably not.

Braap life,
:kick:
Harrison

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Checking in for Team Green from Milwaukee!!

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on the plated KDX. :supz:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128