Hello

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
flexiflyer
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Hello

Post by flexiflyer »

Dan from Central Il checking in. Aging semi old fart. Bought my first bike new in '72 (still have it) and have been at it ever since. I have mainly been building and tuning race/track/sportbikes for many years. I am an old two smoker and Kawi triples and Yami RD's have always been my bag.

But, the last smoker dirt bike I owned had 4" of suspension travel and Jimmy Carter was president. That CR250M nearly killed me many times so I moved to the safety of excessive speed on the street and track :razz:

Haven't had a smoker down to the frame lately so I grabbed this '95 200 over the winter as a gift for my oldest. Decent shape, good price and has a few nice farkles. It's stripped now and being gone through. It should make him a nice ride. No big surprises thus far, just the usual ill maintained items and prior owner stupidity. Thanks for the resource, answered many questions perusing the forum.

Dan

Him doing a very poor Team Green thumbs up on purchase day

bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hello

Post by bufftester »

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Good looking bike to get him hooked!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Congratulations on the KDX.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Hello

Post by thirdgenlxi »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new KDX! Best bike ever, btw.... just sayin' :mrgreen: :supz:

What part of central IL are you from? I used to live in Decatur myself.... dad and sister still live there. Originally from north central IL.... loving it here in western NC now though
flexiflyer
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by flexiflyer »

45 minutes NW of Decatur. And the Peoples Republik of Cook County will be in our mirrors as well when the little girl finishes college :lol: