New member from California 1993 KDX200 - plated

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
ssfx

Post by ssfx »

Hi Folks,

Glad to find other folk out there with 2-smokes! My 1993 is bone stock, with a California license plate. I finally changed the OEM tires (and tubes!) out and put a MT43 trials on the rear and a mountain hybrid on the front -- both DOT legal. I'm using it for dualsport activities but am a newbie on the dirt. I've got a FMF fatty pipe in the garage, but not sure whether to install it,\. WiIll be looking at the forums for recommendations on the pipe and possibly rejetting.

If anyone has ideas for a rear rack for this so I can carry additional fuel, I'd be very interested -- coming from a 6.2 gallon KLR650, I'm wondering whether I'll make it back. I'm getting about 32 mpg so figure I've got about a 100 mile range -- until I learn to ride it harder. Looking forward to perusing the posts.

Cheers!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New member from California 1993 KDX200 - plated

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
K50X200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by K50X200 »

Welcome!
Any (emissions regs) problems riding the plated KDX in Cali? I used to live in SoCal, and have thought about taking my plated kdx along when visiting relatives there to do some high desert dirt road riding...

also -A KLX300 rack can be made to work on an H series... not sure about the E series...
A pic of another members (s10gto) rack
Link to build thread http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... ck#p158112
"00 KDX200 - Baja Designs D/S Kit, '03 KLX300 Forks, KB5 Suspension Mods, Keihn 35 ASQV, Boyesen Rad Valve, Gnarly Woods Pipe
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New member from California 1993 KDX200 - plated

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the club. I have seen a couple guys mod the KLX250 rack to fit, not much fabricating required.