New guy in Nevada

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
NV Rider

New guy in Nevada

Post by NV Rider »

Hello everyone!

Middle aged and overweight dude here. I rode some MX back in the 80`s (RM 125), even competed for a while, but have not been on a dirt bike since some, if not most, of you were born. I do not currently own a bike, but have been eying a KDX 250 from the 80`s for a while. A specific one that happens to be for sale. It`s listed as a 1985, but I believe I`ve seen somewhere that the 250 was produced until `84 and then again in 1990?
In any case, I`m hoping to be the owner of this bike in not too long. It`s not pretty, the seat hardly has any cover left on it and the plastic looks pretty worn. It`s missing the chain, which I actually ordered online so I can put it on the bike before I possibly buy it, and it`s idling high according to the seller. Otherwise, it`s supposedly in ok shape. He`s asking $500, but has hinted that he might take a little less.

I`m located in Moapa Valley, an hour outside Las Vegas. Any other riders from that area here?
1981 KDX 250. Purchased February 2017. A work in progress
2010 Cervelo S1. I know, no engine, but it is a bike;-)
raygun
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New guy in Nevada

Post by raygun »

Sounds like a great price! I grew up working summers for my granddad in Logandale and my dad graduated high school from moapa back in 79 or 80 I think. My grandparents still live there but sadly I don't. Love the area, plenty of good places to ride. Good luck!
1982 Kawasaki KZ1300
1999 Kawasaki KDX220
2003 Kawasaki KLX400SR