New to Forum from Phoenix AZ

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Tonkatoy

New to Forum from Phoenix AZ

Post by Tonkatoy »

Hello!

New to the forum here. I bought a lightly used 1997 KDX 220r a couple of weeks ago after waiting for the right deal for a whole year.

Been doing quads for the last ten years, street bikes before then, but always wanted a dirt bike. Research on a good beginner bike brought me to a yamaha TTR230. That bikes been good to me, but I want to move up now. Always wanted a 2 smoker! Was looking at a Beta XTrainer until all comparisons of that bike referenced the KDX. Why not just buy the KDX right? So I here I am.

I did a Wiseco piston already (My first piston job) based on the recommendations of this website. Stock piston is a grenade! Change it!!! LOL. The pictures sold me.
My stock piston looked perfect, but its all good... When I get my head milled and carb bored later on, I wont have to worry about the piston.

Wanted to thank all the guys on this forum putting out some awesome information. The technical and moral support for this model is second to none thanks to this forum!

My bike has the stock purple tank and seat. It ok, but I would really like to get a green one. Anybody selling one? lol I'll post that on the "wanted" site eventually.

Thanks!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: New to Forum from Phoenix AZ

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums.

Stay strong, stay purple. :razz:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New to Forum from Phoenix AZ

Post by bufftester »

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the start you've made. Properly cared for these bikes will provide you years of enjoyment (my dad is still riding his 93 KDX200 that he bought brand new!)