New guy from Missouri

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
gravelcruiser
Supporting Member

New guy from Missouri

Post by gravelcruiser »

Hi everyone, after lurking on here for a couple years I've decided to join the party. My boys each have H models. One a 98, and the other a 01. Currently I'm riding a 03 WR250f. I'm constantly amazed at how great the KDX truly is. Back in the day I raced hare scrambles on an XR250R, and I remember looking at the green bikes with a wanting eye, however I worked for a Honda dealership so it was not to be. Now, 20 plus years later I finally have the little green wonders and wish I was working for a Kawasaki dealership back then. The boys and I usually make a couple trips a year down to northern Arkansas or Chadwick and would like to join other riders sometime. I doubt I'll be able to give as much as I have received from this site but I'll help when I can.
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New guy from Missouri

Post by canamfan »

What part of mo. are you in? I'm near butler 64730 south of KC 60 miles. I've been riding a kdx for several years but recently bought a Beta xtrainer.
javjacob

Re: New guy from Missouri

Post by javjacob »

Welcome, I'm also from Missouri, NW Missouri. I have ridden at Chadwick once back in 1999. Would like to go back again.
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200
gravelcruiser
Supporting Member

New guy from Missouri

Post by gravelcruiser »

I live close to Chilicothe, the x trainer looks like a truly great bike. Haven't had a chance to look at one up close. But I've seen a few videos on YouTube from the cross training vids. Just love a smooth 2 stroke.
gravelcruiser
Supporting Member

Post by gravelcruiser »

javjacob wrote:Welcome, I'm also from Missouri, NW Missouri. I have ridden at Chadwick once back in 1999. Would like to go back again.

I'm sure we'll be heading back down next fall, our summer trip is up in the air at the moment as my oldest is heading to Oshkosh, WI in July.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to the forums. Glad you did post.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
javjacob

Post by javjacob »

gravelcruiser wrote:
javjacob wrote:Welcome, I'm also from Missouri, NW Missouri. I have ridden at Chadwick once back in 1999. Would like to go back again.

I'm sure we'll be heading back down next fall, our summer trip is up in the air at the moment as my oldest is heading to Oshkosh, WI in July.
Chillicothe isn't too far from me, I am about 45 miles west of you. I know how it is with work and kids it's hard to get any time. You ever ride at Finger Lakes in Columbia?
2000 Kawasaki KDX220R
1996 Kawasaki KDX200
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Sounds like your oldest is possibly a pilot?
Fitterman24
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New guy from Missouri

Post by Fitterman24 »

I'm from Kingsville, just east of Lee's Summit. We usually drag a group down to Chadwick twice a year. There's not one of us close to a "pro" rider. Both my boys are in the military, so we try to go when one or both get leave. Love the KDX's down there. I'll have to look you up this spring when we are thinking of going
gravelcruiser
Supporting Member

Post by gravelcruiser »

doakley wrote:Sounds like your oldest is possibly a pilot?

He's not a pilot, at least not yet. I know he will be someday.
gravelcruiser
Supporting Member

New guy from Missouri

Post by gravelcruiser »

Fitterman24 wrote:I'm from Kingsville, just east of Lee's Summit. We usually drag a group down to Chadwick twice a year. There's not one of us close to a "pro" rider. Both my boys are in the military, so we try to go when one or both get leave. Love the KDX's down there. I'll have to look you up this spring when we are thinking of going

Sounds great, we're not pros either. Everytime we go down I think we leave better riders.